MapleValleyAcresPoultry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
MapleValleyAcresPoultry submitted a new resource:

What Rabbits Should Eat Weekly - Short Article To Rabbit's Diet

What Rabbits Should Eat Weekly
Author: MapleValleyAcresPoultry Date:10/20/2021
1634759372016.png

(NOTE: Before we begin, please know that Rabbits UNDER 8 WEEKS OF AGE CANNOT CONSUME VEGGIES. (I.E. Lettuce, Clover, Grass, Carrots, etc.) It could kill them. They can...

Read more about this resource...

Legamin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Great article! I helped raise the family meat rabbits when I was quite young but only recently contracted to purchase a large batch of New Zealand rabbits to add to the diversity of meat production on our farm. When you have a small farm you have to think vertically when adding revenue sources. I’ve been lining up my supplies for feeding and have hay and pellets in abundance. Am purchasing a pellet making machine to be able to use the cuttings from our pasture when I knock down the tall growth for sheep grazing (they only like the tender shoots) and this will stock the Winter Feed bins. The fresh veggies are the hitch. food inflation in our area has reached the point where many small farms are giving up entirely (hay went up from $80/tonne to $500+/tonne) so any extra on fresh foods is hard to convince people to buy. This year instead of the giant pumpkin patch we are dedicating a large section to carrots, lettuce etc. for the rabbits. Turnips etc. can all be held in the root cellar and feed through most of the Winter. A local person recommend small scale haylage for the rabbits but I am skeptical and may try a very small ration to test those waters before committing. It is too easy to have mold waste and lose valuable resource to experimentation.
Well, thanks for the great information! Always nice to have help in getting things off the ground!

Latest posts