What should I feed my pregnant Nubian?

Bedste

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Should I keep feeding her normally up to the birth or do I need to feed her something special while she is pregant? I have a 6 year old Nubian pregnant goat. She is due March 18th. Thanks

Chaty

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I feed mine Goat feed, whole oats and Alfalfa pellets. I increase the alfalfa pellets the closer they get to kidding so the milk is better. If you are feeding grass hay you need the Alfalfa pellets. I feed them to mine as there isnt any waste from them. This will help her make milk for the babies and you. I also add Black Oil Sunflower seeds (BOSS) but only a handful or 2 each feeding. Good luck

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
many people mainain the amount they are feeding them until 6 to 4 weeks before kidding date then they bump it up some, helping the doe get ready for the extra energy she will need for the growing kids, birth and milk production.

Bedste

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
last year I had no clue and we had triplets weighing less than 3 pounds each. I have no way of knowing if they were premie or not but they sure where small. The same doe is pregnant this year and I want to do all I can to ensure that she gets what she needs. Thanks everyone

Latest posts