What should I use to treat goat lice?

Sassysarah123

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I need to know what I should use to get rid of the lice on my baby goat. She's covered in them, and I feel so bad for her! I'm looking for something not very expensive!

Thanks,
Sarah

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is what I use and it works very well. You may have to dust your goaties down a couple times, but it works!

www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/y-tex-livestock-dust-shaker-can-2-lb?cm_vc=-10005

The dust will get all over you so wash well afterwards. The powder is white so it will turn your goaties into ghost goaties, and it will billow up when you scratch your goaties... but only for a day or two. I put a lot of the powder down the spine and then let them go. Their normal active nature will spread the powder around.

My experience is one can will do 8 goats. I have Nigerian Dwarfs. Cost is around $7.99 a can.

Hope that helps!

Sassysarah123

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is what I use and it works very well. You may have to dust your goaties down a couple times, but it works!

www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/y-tex-livestock-dust-shaker-can-2-lb?cm_vc=-10005

The dust will get all over you so wash well afterwards. The powder is white so it will turn your goaties into ghost goaties, and it will billow up when you scratch your goaties... but only for a day or two. I put a lot of the powder down the spine and then let them go. Their normal active nature will spread the powder around.

My experience is one can will do 8 goats. I have Nigerian Dwarfs. Cost is around $7.99 a can.

Hope that helps!
T
External parasites are often accompanied by internal parasites as well. I would also get a fecal run.
hHanks!!

Latest posts