What the Deer Rut in my county means

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hit a deer once. Luckily no damage to the truck. When it jumped out onto the road three feet in front of my truck, it slipped and fell. I ran over it and broke 3 of four legs. Someone stopped and helped me put it in the truck bed. It was still a baby with spots but had the start of horns if I remember right. Brought it home and my neighbor shot it to put it out of its misery. Made a nice steak.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've hit a cow, (actually, 2 at different times but one was a glancing blow that only resulted in a lot of cow pooh on the side of my truck) 2 deer, a feral hog, several armadillos, lots of snakes (intentionally..with glee..I'll cross 3 lanes of traffic to run over a serpent), an owl, and a dog, that got me a ticket from the animal control officer, which they threw out the next morning.
Worst thing I ever encountered was late one night, my wife ran over a deer that had been putrefying in the middle of the road for about 2 1/2 days.

I've hit some buzzards as the flew up off a kill and went toward me instead of off on the side of the road..They make a mess..poop and vomit.
I ain't ever done this tho...
chickenbumper.jpg

Latest posts