1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Help! My Rabbit just had babies - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

What to Look For In Kits for Future Breeders

Discussion in 'Birthing, Weaning and Raising Young Rabbits' started by JT17, Aug 9, 2018 at 5:36 PM.

1. Aug 9, 2018 at 5:36 PM
    JT17

JT17 Exploring the pasture

Well, my kits are 2 1/2 weeks old and growing fast. After all the research I've done it shocked me how fast they grow. You cant comprehend it until you have some before your eyes.
    I'm considering keeping one of the doe's from this litter as future breeding stock. What do you personally look for in future breeders? These NZs are used mainly for meat and I have a few people interested in getting some in future litters to start their own "herds". What would you look for? And does the fastest growing kit play any part in your pick? Im definitely not choosing one yet as I want to see how they look at 10 or 12 weeks but just trying to plan ahead. Thanks!