What's in your garden?

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just curious to find out what others are planting/will be planting in their gardens this year. Gardening (veggies) is one of the things I love doing. I love looking through seed catalogs, starting seeds, planting, and I'm not going to lie - sometimes weeding (when it's not so out of control). I work in an office all day, so being in the garden, even if it's weeding, gives me a chance to be outside and enjoy it.

I have already sowed seeds for:
  • 4 types of tomatoes: Brandywine, Rio Grande, Sweet 100, and one more I forgot what (lol)
  • 2 types of cucumbers
  • 3 types of peppers: sweet bell, jalapenos, banana peppers
  • 2 types of basil: sweet basil and cinnamon basil
  • Parsley
  • Broccoli
  • Cabbage
  • Ground cherry tomatoes
  • Onions
  • Some assorted flowers: Morning glory, zinnias, sunflowers, peonies
I will also have pumpkin and some Asian veggies (need to sow those this weekend), carrots and lettuce will go in the garden directly later.
Will also be planting some Painted Mountain Corn this year. I saw them on Baker Creek Heirloom seeds site and I have to have them! ;)

I can't wait for it to get warmer but unfortunately up here in upstate NY, it just doesn't seem to happen anytime soon....

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've got tomatoes, sweet peppers, HOT peppers, eggplant, various bush beans and pole bens, red ripper peas, zucchini, yellow squash, multiple types of winter squashes and pumpkins, cucumbers, radishes (for DH), okra, sunflowers, corn, basil, and rosemary, potatoes, and leeks. I'm probably forgetting a few things.... Still have a couple cabbages from the fall/winter garden that I'll pull today.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don’t start mine early (as in in the house.) Maybe one of these days I can add that to the chaos.

We direct sow: sweet corn, green beans, cucumbers, zucchini, watermelon, cantaloupe, pumpkins, gourds, spinach, lettuce, parsley, sunflowers, and zinnias.

I’d like to add a few tomatoes and peppers to make salsa and spaghetti sauce, peas, basil, rosemary, cilantro, oregano, squash, sweet potatoes, Irish potatoes, cantaloupe, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, asparagus...

ldawntaylor

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Right now what I've got is a lot of weeds and a few strawberries flowers that haven't set yet. Every time I think I might get something done it rains. Oh well - at least my chickens can enjoy the weeds.

Niele da Kine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Chickens were in the garden after it was reseeded yesterday so I guess there's nothing left in there. ARRRGH! Wretched chooks! It's Time for chicken SOUP!