when are new members allowed to post images?

pandorasun6

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I joined this a while ago but hadn't participated. I have backyard goats, chickens and rabbits.. I uploaded 2 pages of photos because I need some help identifying the colors of my mini rex does and the breeds of my rescued buck rabbits but after spending nearly an hour uploading photos and creating a post, it told me that because I am a new member I need to limit my URLs and images to "0", so the entire point of why I came here is ruined and a huge waste of time and energy..and I am very disappointed that I took this time to ask for help and you won't let me post my post.

When can I post my images so I can get some help here?? Thanks

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
You need 10 posts. Just go to the new member section and post a bunch of "Hi" replies to those threads. It will get you to the ten post count the quickest :)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I believe the ten posts thing has been changed because the idea was to make sure those coming into the forum are "safe".
It is IMO a good idea and the # of posts were not suppose to be announced as it bypasses the purpose of that safety protocol.
The mods have asked forum members to not announce the # many times yet people ignore it.
I appreciate the measures the administrators and mods take to prevent inappropriate content on the forum.

Hopefully Pandorasun6 will understand. Frustrating to those that may have an emergency I know, but usually it isn't an emergency and after a poster is recognized as "safe" they can post pictures.

There have been many times I am up at 4-5 am and will log in and see a bunch of spam posts... they get reported and removed quickly. Without the rule in place I could wake up and find "graphic" images being posted. No one would want that so it really keeps the forum family in mind.
:)

Welcome to Backyard Herds! :welcome

pandorasun6

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thanks, I think it would be a good idea to "warn" new members on the upload page that they need to be trusted participants before using that feature. In fact, why not disable uploading altogether until allowed to post? It was disappointing and frustrating, and yes, no emergency here but after searching the internet for information all day, I could really use a little feedback and remembered I had an account here.

Of course spammers ruin it for everyone! typical!

I'll poke around and make some friends and hopefully soon I can ask my questions about rabbit breeds and color!! (hard without the images!!)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great to have you here. I know nothing about rabbits :hu but I know there are people here with great info!

Good point about letting newcomers know about the photos. Maybe the mods/administrators will consider that. :thumbsup