When is my pig due

WWTF2022

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Unknown due date. Been feeling babies for 6 weeks. Seeing babies move for a month. She is first time mom. Please see pictures.
20220811_082852.jpg
20220811_082852.jpg
20220810_133223.jpg
20220812_154106.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gestation period is 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days.

As far as looking at her and naming a date, that’s a bit harder. You’ll just have to keep a watch on her. Any idea when you put her in with the boar?

WWTF2022

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Gestation period is 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days.

As far as looking at her and naming a date, that’s a bit harder. You’ll just have to keep a watch on her. Any idea when you put her in with the boar?
I do not. She came to me this way.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay... when did you get her? I would hazard a GUESS... looking at the udder and teats .... because she does not have a real udder line yet although the teats are getting fuller... 2-3 weeks, maybe? Would help to know exactly when you got her for starters. Feeling pigs moving makes her closer rather than further....It is harder on first timers.....

WWTF2022

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Got her in April, can't remember date so it can't be to much farther. The babies are moving so much it's hurting her. She just grunts and breaths heavy when they get like that. She is a kunekune and guilt. So I know they carry longer.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kunekune pigs do not carry longer than any other breed., They are still on the 3-3-3 schedule... that is why they will readily interbreed with any other breed of swine. Being a gilt will normally make them farrow a little earlier rather than later... just like a heifer in cattle... they will often calve a few days early rather than late....
The babies moving are not hurting her any more than a baby inside a woman "hurts her"... they just get uncomfortable and they take up more room so she has less room for all her "internal organs"... so goes the feeling of a "beached whale"...
If you got her the end of April than she should be due most any day....

WWTF2022

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Kunekune pigs do not carry longer than any other breed., They are still on the 3-3-3 schedule... that is why they will readily interbreed with any other breed of swine. Being a gilt will normally make them farrow a little earlier rather than later... just like a heifer in cattle... they will often calve a few days early rather than late....
The babies moving are not hurting her any more than a baby inside a woman "hurts her"... they just get uncomfortable and they take up more room so she has less room for all her "internal organs"... so goes the feeling of a "beached whale"...
If you got her the end of April than she should be due most any day....
Ok! Thank you!

Latest posts