When is my Sow due? help!!

KC_FARM

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
i felt my sow's babies kicking and moving yesterday it was amazing!! but ive been doing so much research to try and find out how much longer she has until she will have her babies??

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Its hard to tell, pictures would be helpful.

KC_FARM

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
http://instagram.com/kc_farm
it's the video of her tummy.. I don't have many pics of her standing bc she lies down a lot.. but her tummy is firm and her teats are too.. we didn't even know she was pregnant until this week-- her tummy use to sag a lot (we think from her previous pregnancy when we bought her) but then we noticed it was really filling out and firm this week.. we've been obsessing with feeling it bc there is definite kicking and movement.. but not even sure if we have a couple weeks or a month or two left.. we're just looking for an estimate, bc we are clueless

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
It fine! :p

Well there is definetly ALOT of movement.:weee

I dont own pigs and Im no expert but I have learned alot. Its really hard to tell but Im gonna say she will have babies within the next few weeks. Is she restless, pacing getting up and down alot. Have you seen if shes lost her mucus plug.

Laying down alot is normal the babies put alot of strain on their Mamas!

We own three sheep. my profile picture is our ewe Mammy who is going to lamb next month and her daughter who was our first baby ever (I wrote this so you know my limited experience :p). Im really excited to see piglets :pop

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Standing pics help a lot. I can't get the video to work.
You'll see a milk line developing anywhere from a few days to a couple weeks before the piglets come. It kind of looks like two very long and wide hotdogs w/nipples are glued to the underside of her belly. lol, or just google 'sow milk line' for a better visual.
She might stop eating 1-2 days before, be more angry or more friendly, try to make a nest, vulva will be more obvious, w/possible leakage.

KC_FARM

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

KC_FARM

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
this wasn't the pig I was originally talking bout.. but they are both pregnant.. and she's dragging!! and her vulva looks swollen to me but not too sure:idunno

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She's pretty close. I'd guess within 10 days or so. She needs to be separated, and given some straw or other bedding for her to make a nest. She will begin to build her nest about 12 - 24 hours before she farrows. Good luck!

Latest posts