When is she due?

Sunny Searle

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We recently bought two does from someone who keeps their buck with the does year around, haha that's craigslist for you. Anyway one is a yearling and the other is 2. The 2 year old is very obviously pregnant, enough so that I can feel kids kicking if I press on her right side. My question is, when is she due? Are there any tricks to estimating a due date without knowing the breeding date?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nope.:)
You may start to see udder development at two months or two weeks before kidding.
You will know the does is getting close when the udder really develops, unless of course you end up with a doe that decides to not go boom with their udder until after they kid.;)
LOL
Welcome to the wonderful world of goats!:p

Sunny Searle

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Congrats on your goats and hope all goes well!

A vet can do an ultrasound, just ask one of the members here, @nstone630 - she has a thread about her first goat pregnancy you might find a fun and educational read:

https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/first-time-momma.34884/

:)
Okay thanks! This isn't my first goat pregnancy, we currently have two nubians who are due January 25, it is frustrating to not know the new does due date because I have kept very good track of my other goats breeding dates. I actually didn't know that the goats had been bred when I responded to the craigslist add so I was pretty surprised to show up to the meeting and see a huge doe that is obviously pregnant!