Where the h-ll is SPRING

Royd Wood

Reaction score
I'm sure it has arrived for some of you but after the terrible weather and the very sad loss of life in the US - just wondering if some normal weather will ever turn up. We are struggling to stay afloat here and are so deep in mud, the grass turned green then stopped growing as the temp shot down to zero again. Tonight we are to have thunder storms and another 30mm of rain - the next 14 day forcast is the same. We are weeks behind compared to other recent years and all my animals are fed up even my ducks. :barnie

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I hear ya!! And let me add my own :barnie !!!!

We're supposed to get a very bad T-storm moving in around midnight here...

The muck is building up and the goats are fed up with it!

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Lucky us!!! We're supposed to get up to 8" of new snow here. Makes calving lots of fun. Seems like our winter started around July last year, and has continued nonstop ever since. I WANT MY GLOBAL WARMING BACK!!!

TigerLilly

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, it's been in the high 80's already this year in Florida...seems like we skipped spring & went straight to summer! :hide Don't hate, though, it aint all it's cracked up to be with the humidity.

happydodgefarm6113

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Royd Wood you are very right when it comes to weather that is not what it should be or what we need. The poor people down south are just hammered with the terrible storms creating such destruction.

I guess having snow in Syracuse on April 20 seems mild to some, it is coming in tonight. We are trying to get through the cold wet weather each day and I dont see much improvement coming. Our new 8 wk ND kids do not want to be outside. It is too wet and cold. They just stand by the door to come inside.

I thought barnyard animals were more tolerant of bad weather but I think that is another suburban myth.

herfrds

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well Royd we have a saying here in Montana;
We have only 3 seasons here.
Last winter, this winter and next winter.

I think we are already into next winter. Suppose to snow here again Thursday so I have 1 day to get 500 things done.

Know what your saying about calving in mud. You know its bad when you step in mud and sink knee deep. Pull your foot out and your boot is still down there.
Or when you're trying to get a cow in get stuck, lose your balance and go Splat!
Hubby about got hurt when he told me later, "But honey the rich pay for mud baths."

Mea

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We still have one patch of sn*w on the ground. Had flurries yesterday AM. Supposed to have more tonight.

More Mother's Days than not... we have had sn*w in the air. so it is not uncommon.

But i DON'T like it !!! There is so much outside i want to get going on. Still say..."Shoot the Great Pennsylvania Rodent !! He flat out lied to us this year !!! "

herfrds

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Mea there have been plans to go a-hunting for that rodent.;)

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Miracles do happen - we had a dusting of snow this morning but got drying winds and a strange bright yellow thing in the sky this afternoon

:bow :bow :bow

Latest posts