Where the h-ll is SPRING

savingdogs

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
While I'm grateful I have not seen tornados and my heart goes out to those hard hit, we have had freaky cold weather this year. We had snow today....it is practically MAY for goodness sakes. It did not stick, but even so. I want our regular weather back!

I find it interesting we are all vaguely embarassed about our mud and our animals in mud. As if there is anything we can do about the weather....

I sure wish there was, but then again, man would probably screw it up somehow, so maybe I won't wish that after all.

rockdoveranch

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
As if there is anything we can do about the weather....

I sure wish there was, but then again, man would probably screw it up somehow, so maybe I won't wish that after all.
+ 1

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We had high water on our property again yesterday. It was headed for the house again and we haven't even finished the clean up from the last flood! I figured if its gonna flood again, do it now before we replace the furnace and the other appliances! The water did receed quickly though.

My aunt and uncle just lost about 3/4's of their huge dairy barn to a tornado the other night. I don't know if they lost any animals, but it was all pretty bad.

I've had about enough of this weather already! We'd better have a really late indian summer this year to make up for all of this!

herfrds

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Last calf born today. FINALLY!!!!!!
Have been having off and on snow showers.
Forecast is calling for 60+ degrees on Monday.:fl :fl :fl
Hope they are right.

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Its the 3rd of freakin MAY and its rained solid all day with a temp of 6 and thick fog out there.
I'll be starting a new post - Where the h-ll is SUMMER soon :rolleyes:

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Royd Wood said:
Its the 3rd of freakin MAY and its rained solid all day with a temp of 6 and thick fog out there.
I'll be starting a new post - Where the h-ll is SUMMER soon :rolleyes:
:yuckyuck

Royd Wood

Reaction score
16th of May - still raining - a crappy temp of 6 - all my animals still in - hay bill growing unlike the pasture.

The US and Canada are having droughts, floods (some man made), Wild fires and just cold wet conditions - whats yours ????????

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yep, it's 50 degrees here today, but the sun is shining.

I know you far Northerners have had a tough time this year. It's no fun doing the chores in cold weather, let alone cold WET weather.

I am hoping for some warm breezes for you guys soon.

DonnaBelle
McIntosh County, Oklahoma, USA

P.S. We have had 20 in. of rain in the last month, so no drought here. YET.

herfrds

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Wind howling like crazy yesterday. Cloudy and spitting rain.

savingdogs

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I doubt the Pacific Northwest will have any droughts soon, so I will be wishing for sun as hard as I can.

We have had a record-breaking year as far as rain and low temps. I'm really stumped how to go about planting this year. I've held off planting some of my cool weather crops but I'm sure summer will hit with a big bang as soon as I get them in the ground.

We do not even have the lilacs blooming yet, still too cold.

Latest posts