Where to find the breed I want??

sc00ter4900

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello I have done some research and found a rabbit type that I like. Chinchillas Rabbits. The question is how do I get a pair? I'm in Taunton Massachusetts. any ideas would be great. Thanks Scotty

currycomb

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
i know this doesn't help you any, but saw some chinchilla bucks on craigslist here in so. ill, 40.00 each. after seeing their picture, i may have 2 does here. the one is a super mom, had 11 and raised them all, and can't find a runt in the litter.

tleventer

Just born
Reaction score
Look on the ARBA website and find shows near you. If they host Chin classes, you know there will be breeders at the shows. Good luck!

whiteconfections

Just born
Reaction score
Definately, look around at shows in your area, they are so much fun and are a great resource for supplies and new rabbits!

CAUTION! Make sure to get a rabbit checked out by someone you trust at a show like this; people have been known to lie to make a quick sale. :somad

JoieDeViveRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
There are two shows coming up next month in Taunton, MA that I will be attending, on the 7th and then on the 21rst.
Go here and click on MA at the top of the page, it will jump you down to the section for MA shows. The top show in the section is the one on the 7th, and then further down is the one on the 21rst. Nancy Platt is the show secretary and she is very nice, if you email her she will be able to tell you the address and time for the show, most start at 9am.

She may even be able to give you the contact info for a Chin breeder that you can set up to meet at the show...

Goatzilla

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Jenna, I'll probably see you at the one on the 7th. I'll be there snooping around for some new FW blood, lol.

sc00ter4900

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I take it that your talking about March? I would like to go but it depends on me getting a sunday off. How much do they charge to visit a show to see what its all about? Thanks Scotty

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've never been to a rabbit show where they charged admission. There have been a few that were held in conjunction with a fair, the fair may have had a gate charge, but the rabbit show was free. If you are showing rabbits, there is a charge per rabbit per show(usually $3 around here.) As an example, if I were to go to a double show, and I had 3 rabbits that I wanted to enter, that would cost me $3 per class x 3 rabbits x 2 classes = $18 in entry fees. The sponsoring club(s) may award trophies, ribbons, or some other nifty prizes, but I've never been to a show where they awarded a cash prize, either.

One thing I have found, rabbit people are the talkin'est bunch you'll ever meet. We all go home hoarse from "talking rabbit" all day. (Another breeder suggested it was because nobody else wants to hear it!!):lol:

sc00ter4900

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So at this show in Taunton can I find the american chinchilla rabbit? Also looking for a male meat rabbit mut for the other mut that I have. Im not sure what you call a mixxed breed rabbit ? LOL

Scotty

Latest posts