Where to look for a buck to breed my doe with?

Gingerpool

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So I am interested in adding new colors to my mini rex rabbit stock but don't know where to find a buck to breed my doe with. I am looking for specific colors of a mini rex buck and am not sure where to start searching for the buck I want to breed my doe with. I don't particularly want to own the buck, so I have cage spaces for the babies, and just want to do a meet up to breed the rabbits. I could buy the buck but don't particularly want to. Does anyone have any ideas where I should look for what I am needing? Is there some website I don't know for mini rex bucks to breed with?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Unless you have a relationship with another breeder they probably won't stud their buck out. Too much chance of having him infected with a std.
There are several fb groups for mini rex breeders, that would be my first suggestion to connect with other breeders.

Niele da Kine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll sell a buck but not rent one out, although we have angoras and not mini-Rex so that wouldn't help you even if we did. We had STDs here once and it took a shot of penicillin once a week for five weeks straight to get rid of it. With 42 bunnies, that's 210 shots of penicillin. Fortunately, penicillin is sold in cow sized doses. One cow sized dose was enough for all the bunnies plus we had some left over.

Latest posts