Where's the Beef?

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
here is my supposed hereford x angus cow that I promised pics on. It is a snowy day out, so pics are not that great but you get the idea.....
whiteyright.jpg

whiteyleftfront.jpg

whiteyhind.jpg

and here are my angus for comparison
100_3375.jpg

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
your cow could be hereford X angus or it could be hereford X holstein.but her bagg isnt all that big.so id go with the 1st cross.

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Love the pics.!!!!!!Does the cows stay out in the snow all the time????I'm not trying to sound funny. I'm still new at cows, and I worry about my cows, And it's Florida. Maybe I should go to cow school? Is there such a thing????

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I need to see if I can get a pic of Whatsit this aft. Is your cow dry? She doesn't look to be beef built like a herford. That is one of the things we needed to watch for with Whatsit. Oh, I wish that guy would call so I could look them up again and post a pic of a full blooded one! :barnie

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
m.holloway said:
Love the pics.!!!!!!Does the cows stay out in the snow all the time????I'm not trying to sound funny. I'm still new at cows, and I worry about my cows, And it's Florida. Maybe I should go to cow school? Is there such a thing????
The cows grow a thick heavy coat of hair for the winter and do just fine outdoors as long as they have shelter from the nasty winds and storms. Just a reg. old snowfall doesn't bother them at all.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I went out to get pics of Whatsit. I couldn't wait until I went out for chores. :gig
Whatsitfront.jpg

Whatsitside.jpg

Whatsitrear.jpg

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's the Montbeliarde breed! I finally figured it out! They are a dual purpose breed. "The Montbeliarde breed belongs to the Jura mountains branch of Continental European Red and White breeds. Its birthplace is in Franche-Comte, on the high plateau of the Jura."
The black comes from crossing the breeds.
Here are some pics I found on the net:
Montbeliarde2.jpg

Montbeliarde3.jpg

MontbeliardeCattle1.jpg

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
they say those are good heavy milking cows.an have good protine an butterfat.

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
she is drying up......the calf still nuses a little, but is eatin haylage mostly now. she has a HUGE bag on her before, just like a dairy cow....nothing like my beefers. But, if she is a hereford/angus cross, where did he coloration of her calf come in? we bred her to our polled hereford bull. Hmmm.......
She look just like farmer kittys cow to me, is yours obnoxious too? Whitey moos constantly, and will come right up to you and bellow, worse than any cow I have ever met. She is going to be sold in the spring, and if no-one wants her, she will at just fine. :D

Latest posts