Whether goat acting like a buck

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Put him on a lead. Take him out and walk him, keep walking him. walk him more. When he is tired walk him more. Keep walking him.
This brings about submission and you are the leader.
If it continues where he "jumps" you, butts you etc. Put him in the freezer. PERIOD!

@B&B Happy goats
This has been my experience with bottle babies....Lilly, the last bottle baby is now six months old, when i go and sit with my girls she HAS to be on my lap, if she is not the first onto play area i get the little bites on my arm or the foot hitting me for attention....if thats not working i would get a little horn butt on me...
Bottle babies should be that obnoxious. They should learn respect while being bottle fed.
Now, being in your lap- yes, understandable:D:D:D . lol but the rest. No.:rant I will say BB's are nibblers for an extremely long time and that is frustrating and gets old quick.
Hitting you or any butting at all and that is never ok and actually pretty unusual for a BB. Weird. :idunno

My goats care less about being sprayed for the most part. Some enjoy it. :\ :rolleyes:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Put him on a lead. Take him out and walk him, keep walking him. walk him more. When he is tired walk him more. Keep walking him.
This brings about submission and you are the leader.
If it continues where he "jumps" you, butts you etc. Put him in the freezer. PERIOD!

@B&B Happy goats

Bottle babies should be that obnoxious. They should learn respect while being bottle fed.
Now, being in your lap- yes, understandable:D:D:D . lol but the rest. No.:rant I will say BB's are nibblers for an extremely long time and that is frustrating and gets old quick.
Hitting you or any butting at all and that is never ok and actually pretty unusual for a BB. Weird. :idunno

My goats care less about being sprayed for the most part. Some enjoy it. :\ :rolleyes:
@SBC Sorry i wasn't clearer...it is LILLY, the one i got at three days old, (owner wanted the milk)...she is now six months old and has stopped most of her obnoxious behaviors ....but the garden hose did help :weeeand she is no longer the baby here...Hope has taken the baby spot over, and her momma is very protective of her.

Last edited:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
SHOULDN'T :lol: LOL

@B&B Happy goats we have a Lilly- the one with the injured leg. SMH - not my doing. She is a mess.
She believes she is superior to all other goats. That is why she lives with the Nigie babies. SMH i really have no words to describe her. I just sit and SMH.
Lol...it has to be the name then, my lilly hurt her front right leg just below the knee, i wrapped it for a few days to keep the weight off and she is fine. I don't think she will be a brat forever...just waiting for her to reach breeding age...that seems to change behavior once they have kids....well it has so far here, don't want to jinx anything.....:confused:

Latest posts