which castration method?

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You can get the banding tool and bands online at Hoegger's Goat Supply or Jeffer's Livestock. Not expensive at all.

nightshade

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
we band I borrow can the tools from my MIL or she has even offered to come and do it for us, we also have a cousin that bands his own bulls ect so he has done it for us also. I prefer to do it in cool weather though because you have less problems with the flies bothering it and it getting infected afterwords,(that is what I had an old Amish man I know suggest anyways).

Edited to add but my MIL does her's all year around, when they get big enough that they have dropped all the way unless the fokes that are buying them don't want them banded she does it. Has never had a problem doing it in the warm weather.

Dorothy1324

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
i use emasculator and it works well. But the problem of it not taking comes up and you have to do it again. I did my two bucklings and now have to redo one testical on one of the bucklings they were not likeing us very much for about 2 hours afterwards so be prepared for your normaly loving friend to not want anything to do with you.

walkswithdog

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Age range on wethering a goat? Mine are about 14 weeks and I don't think the breeders - emasculator/crusher? method worked.