White goo.....

crazy4cochins

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!!! The news is here ,Yes she is pregnant.yeahhh
BUT...... she's only like maybe a month along :(
I was hoping she only had a few weeks to go_Oh well at least I can get her in shape before this little baby comes. I am not looking forword to having a kid in the yucky winter!!! But That means her and her sister will be having babies at different times, that's a plus to me.
He said that it looks to be a singelton. Hopefully theres one hiding in there. Ok goat pro's tell me when she had her last cycle and what heat catagory will she follow, like the mini's heat cycle or something like the traditional cycle.
Vet also said she looks great so i should keep up the good work.
and said that sometimes they just have a little discharge -aka wht goo...
That makes me feel soo much better.Thanks to everyone for your help.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations!
Kittyclap.gif

username taken

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Congrats

All goats cycle every 17 - 21 days as a general rule. Occasionally you get an oddball that goes as often as every 10 days, or as long as 30 days. But they are rare.

How did the vet diagnose the pregnancy?

crazy4cochins

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We did an X-ray. He said the baby is about a month old it was hard to see becuase it hasn't calciified yet,but you can see a cloudy round thing next to her bowel. I asked him If he was SURE SHE WAS ... he reassured me that she is.
I will be very upset if in a few months nothin happens.;)
ok so lets see so the end of Nov. eraly Dec. I guess that means I won't be able to go to the in-laws for thanksgiving..... oh well gotta stay home and keep watch.
So anyone think they can tell me what kind of breed cycle Gracie is???? I mean a minis cycle like a nigi or traditional like a nubian?
I also got her some Ivomec to clear her of anyworms and parasites, now when am I to do it again in 3 weeks, with something like safeguard? I need to worm her sister too, she is 12weeks.
I also need to know about CDT shot they sell it at my farm store and so i will need to give her that also, the PO of Choula (12wker)
says she needs another dose of shots? She said she gave a booster that had a standard 5 things in it???
Thanks

username taken

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
okay the xray is fine and yes what he is describing is roughly a month's progress

I dont understand what you are asking about, for the cycling, since mini's and nubians cycle which the same frequency.

unless you are asking about breeding seasons, in which case some breeds are seasonal - they mate in Autumn (Fall) and Winter to Kid in Spring. Other breeds are not seasonal, they breed all year round. Nigis tend to not be seasonal. Nubians tend not to be seasonal but it depends very much on your climate. Swiss breeds such as alpine, saanen, togg etc tend to be seasonal. since you are preparing for a winter baby you have a doe that has bred a little early, slightly out of season, so chances are she is one that breeds all year round. you will find individuals who do that even in the strongly seasonal breeds

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
crazy4cochins said:
I also got her some Ivomec to clear her of anyworms and parasites, now when am I to do it again in 3 weeks, with something like safeguard? I need to worm her sister too, she is 12weeks.
I've never heard of ivermectin being bad to give during pregnancy, but the thing is, pregnant does are -- for whatever reason -- super parasite resistent. All the advice I've ever seen indicates that they need to be wormed the day after they kid because the post partum worm load goes from practically nil to above normal..

I've seen does go from being slick and bright when pregnant to looking like crap in no time flat after kidding, and it's said to be due to that parasite explosion.

c4c said:
I also need to know about CDT shot they sell it at my farm store and so i will need to give her that also, the PO of Choula (12wker)
says she needs another dose of shots? She said she gave a booster that had a standard 5 things in it???
Thanks
Typically, you'd give that within the last few weeks of pregnancy so that the kid will be able to collect its CD/T immunizations from the colostrum. If it's given too early, the level of antibodies in the colostrum isn't high enough to kick off immunity in the kid..

Moreover, if the mother isn't vaccinated at the right time, you're forced to kinda walk a tightrope with the kid's CD/T immunization. You have to give them just enough time on the ground to start up their own immune systems before giving the shot.. Too early, it doesn't take; too late, you risk a Cl. Perf infection.

It probably wouldn't hurt anything to give it now and then again in a few months, but double check that with someone who knows for sure. If I had to skip one, though, I'd definitely skip this one and wait until a few weeks before she's due to kid.

Congrats, btw. :D

crazy4cochins

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone, I know I am a rambler and confusing .lol...
I will keep her shot ( Ivomec) and give it right before she kids and I will wait on the CDT also.
I am not surprised my Gracie is going to have a whenever I feel like it cycle, I always end up with animals like that. Hopefully Choula won't be that way. But if she is ohh well I am just happy to know for sure she's preggers:weee

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Here, the doe gets a CD/T shot 30 days before her projected kidding date and wormed the day after kidding. Ivomec is fine to give at any time during pregnancy. BTW, congratulations on the confirmation that your doe is pregnant.

Latest posts