Who cooks for you? (um not the owl)

redtailgal

Reaction score
Who does most of the cooking in your house?

I have a "bet" with my brother. hehehe, bet I will win!

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My dh is wonderful, he will do just about anything I ask of him....except two things. He doesn't cook, and he won't wash a pan to save his life. I do ALL the cooking. If I cannot for some reason, we call it "Wally's night to cook", which means he makes a run to the little restaurant down the road and brings something home.

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We both cook. I would say it is 50/50. Although I am the baker. I make Pies, Cakes, Cookies, Brownies, Fudge, etc.

redtailgal

Reaction score
gosh. i bout to lose my bet!

We all cook. I expect each of my boys to cook at least one meal per week, and hubby also cooks at least one meal per week, to be a good example for the boys.

I cook the rest of them time, with the exeption of when I have a fridge full of leftovers, then we will have a "forage" night.

With four people in the house, I end up cooking supper about twice a week. Each of us is responsible for our own breakfast. The boys are responsible for their own lunch, and hubby and I take turns on our lunch.

I dont have to spend alot of time in the kitchen. :hide I thought our method was normal!

PotterWatch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I do the majority of the cooking though my husband cooks a couple meals each week. I keep meaning to have my boys start to do some independant cooking but that hasn't happened yet. They do help me when I bake and sometimes doing prep work for cooking.

redtailgal

Reaction score
YES!!! HAHA!!! I knew I wasnt the only one who had a cooking hubby and cooking (or soon to be cooking) sons at least!

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
My grandmother taught all her boys to cook as did her mother. That trend has continued in the family. Most of the guys are better cooks than the girls.

Latest posts