Who is guarding who?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today the dogs got deer legs and cow bones.... that is the one time the dogs do not share anymore. :/

Callie had her deer leg and Moses came over to watch over her! These two are a hoot. Never seen such a love between 2 animals.
Copy of SAM_2413.JPG

Yay! They all needed a dental cleaning!
"D" will happily share with a chicken...
Copy of SAM_2405.JPG

BAdger... he really hates getting dirty though.
Copy of SAM_2433.JPG

Now they all have clean teeth... we are saving some for Amy... she is still nursing her pups.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, that is too funny! What fine dogs, having a great time, doing what dogs do. I bet they feel real sorry for their city cousins! :lol:

kinder

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It's a dirty job. but someone has to do it.:clapNice dog, Nice goat.:)

LoneOakGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How often do you give them these treats? And do you get them from the grocery meat market?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
The goat (Moses) really watches out for Callie as much as she does him. It really is a sight to see. Crazy animals!

Right now deer season is in so we save and freeze as much as we can (yes with hoof and hair) Our neighbors give us their deer legs too. We feed a raw diet mixed with kibble so they always have something... we have a lot of poultry so they get a lot of chicken... we don't give them the chicken bones though. You can as long as they are not cooked we just don't. So they get goat, goat legs, deer, deer legs and whenever we have a neighbor doing a cow we get those too. :drool We give them legs here and there... mostly for their teeth, it is a "natural" dental cleaning and the marrow is great for them. The cow bones are a little large but they get it done. LOL
We have a local slaughterhouse here but we don't trust other animals to our dogs... we would never slaughter or give our animals an animal that possibly/recently had anti-biotics, dewormer etc... so we stick with our own or neighbors food. I would NEVER give anything raw from a grocery store ever.. way too much possibility of contamination. :sick
We have 4 LGD's and 2 other dogs so we save alot of "legs". LOL

BTW- The boys will share their bones but the girls won't. :rolleyes:
Male LGD's are bigger but Female LGD's are fiercer. :)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Crazy out there tonight. I could see Badger patrolling the field tail high with his tall regal gait ... I can hear Callie.... but it is always "D"... when I hear "D" I know whatever is there is right there. "D" is quiet and is a watcher.... when I hear him I KNOW there is trouble. Glad I have them. :)
I am worried about the sheep... they are unprotected over at our neighbors. :(

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
Have you ever given horns...Our neighbors leave theirs in the corrals next to our property when they dehorn and our dogs just LOVE them.

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today the dogs got deer legs and cow bones.... that is the one time the dogs do not share anymore. :/

Callie had her deer leg and Moses came over to watch over her! These two are a hoot. Never seen such a love between 2 animals.
View attachment 137

Yay! They all needed a dental cleaning!
"D" will happily share with a chicken...
View attachment 138
BAdger... he really hates getting dirty though.
View attachment 140

Now they all have clean teeth... we are saving some for Amy... she is still nursing her pups.
Ya always have cool pictures Southern! Very cute!

Latest posts