Who's hatching right now?

ducktown

Just born
Reaction score
My shaking eggs :)

In lockdown since yesterday. They should hatch this Tuesday (May 16th). I hope I didn't mess anything up. :)

Feathers4fun2

Herd lurker
Reaction score
I am. I have some NN eggs going into lock down this Friday.

Anyone else hatching right now?

Need help with it?

Ask questions here...there will others to come along...hopefully to help if needed until BYC is back up.

What are you hatching?
Not being familiar with certain terminology can you help me with the meaning of "NN Eggs" and "EE Eggs"? Thank you very much.

AngieNPeeps

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My shaking eggs :)

In lockdown since yesterday. They should hatch this Tuesday (May 16th). I hope I didn't mess anything up. :)

So awesome! What type of incubator? It looks perfect for a classroom hatch.

ducktown

Just born
Reaction score
AngieNPeeps, it's a cheap chinese incubator from Aliexpress . Got it for 20 USD. It doesn't have humidity sensor, so I bought el-cheapo 2 USD humidity/temperature sensor as well.

I was worried about it at first when I got it, but it looks like it works. I hope they hatch. :)

BTW, it says you can incubate 7 eggs - no way. If you try to place 7 eggs inside, you can't turn them at all. 4 eggs (duck size) are a max, 3 eggs are even better.

AngieNPeeps

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
AngieNPeeps, it's a cheap chinese incubator from Aliexpress . Got it for 20 USD. It doesn't have humidity sensor, so I bought el-cheapo 2 USD humidity/temperature sensor as well.

I was worried about it at first when I got it, but it looks like it works. I hope they hatch. :)

BTW, it says you can incubate 7 eggs - no way. If you try to place 7 eggs inside, you can't turn them at all. 4 eggs (duck size) are a max, 3 eggs are even better.

I love the view on it. I can see the bottom would make me nervous with chick feet, though.

ducktown

Just born
Reaction score
That is the reason I intend to do a modification after I complete the incubation. I'll attach a PVC net (the one you get when you buy oranges and potatoes) over the top. This time I just covered the thing with the net and I hope for the best. If it won't work, I'll just take the duckling out ASAP. I'll try to be as close as possible on hatch day. :)

JRNash

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I woke up to two itty bitty babies and another has just come out. Quail are so tiny it is amazing. Hope I can keep them all alive. Things this small are a little scary!
If its Coturnix, You have to sit on them to hurt them. Seriously, in my experience the only problem was the waterer. I put 3/8 SS nuts in it to keep the little boogers from drowning.

Latest posts