Reaction score
Fun!! I said I wouldn't ever have Nns either :hide

Oops
IMG_3813.JPG

EllieMay

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Cute. :)

Right now I have about 25 Ancona duck eggs in the 'bator. They've been in there a week now.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've got a dark Cornish hen setting on Muscovy duck eggs and when I checked on her a bit ago she has two hatched out. hope the other 6 hatch over night.

Dozclan12

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Cute. :)

Right now I have about 25 Ancona duck eggs in the 'bator. They've been in there a week now.

So, now, you have the same amount of time that a chicken egg would have to hatch..I think..Yep..aren't ducks incubation time 4 weeks? And 25? That's a lot. I just hatched one for a friend that lose mom and eggs to a racoon..oh my...goodness! I wish I could have kept that baby! Just adorable, and lovable.!

Dozclan12

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've got a dark Cornish hen setting on Muscovy duck eggs and when I checked on her a bit ago she has two hatched out. hope the other 6 hatch over night.

Oh I hope you post photos. That has to be the cutest thing having a chicken mama with baby ducks!

Anyone..that has photos of their hatched babies..show them. Can't believe I'm coming up on a week with my SS. Come Wed. Have had to throw quite a few out though. Floating air sacs. :( And, there were quite a few that were just tiny eggs! I mean, I've had Silkie eggs larger than these. I asked the person that sent them if they were pullet eggs..they were, but they said they eat the started pullet eggs the first two weeks, then check for fertility again before incubating them. They said that they have a better chance of life if they wait a couple of weeks. What? These eggs were just too tiny for a LF egg to be incubated. They did say, candle and send them photos of the eggs that are doing well on day 7. I have 5 of the 12 that have started. :( Will see if they are thriving by day 7.

DwayneNLiz

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So, now, you have the same amount of time that a chicken egg would have to hatch..I think..Yep..aren't ducks incubation time 4 weeks? And 25? That's a lot. I just hatched one for a friend that lose mom and eggs to a racoon..oh my...goodness! I wish I could have kept that baby! Just adorable, and lovable.!
muscovy ducks are 35 days, mallard derived are 28, and calls are 26
sorry to hear you arent having good luck with those eggs :hugs and :fl

DwayneNLiz

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
awwww :love what a good momma!!

@goatgurl are you sure she's a dark cornish? she looks more like a barnevelder to me? :hide
granted i obviously dont know and its hard to tell without seeing all of her

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
@DwayneNLiz nope she is a dark Cornish. ordered 5 dark cornish chicks from MurryMcMurry a couple of years ago. love barnevelders color but don't have any. maybe someday I will. I love keeping a mixed flock. love the different colors.

Latest posts