Who's hatching right now?

AngieNPeeps

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Do you all do this too?... while hatching, I go through weeks of auditory hallucinations. I hear chirps all the time!

crsch1888

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
No, I be at you see it pop out soon on its own

Yep, your right, it's out now :clapbut she is dragging her shell around by what looks like a tiny string of goo, but she's definitely moving all over the place, bumping into & going over the other eggs. Also 1 of the cream legbar hatched, it has a bit of gunk stuck to it it looks like, but it's completely out of the shell & the 2 are now laying snuggled together. I'm hoping they'll sleep & not be knocking into the other eggs. I have 3 more that have pipped & 1 I think died after pipping, it also pipped on the side & I don't think I caught it in time.

Dozclan12

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yep, your right, it's out now :clapbut she is dragging her shell around by what looks like a tiny string of goo, but she's definitely moving all over the place, bumping into & going over the other eggs. Also 1 of the cream legbar hatched, it has a bit of gunk stuck to it it looks like, but it's completely out of the shell & the 2 are now laying snuggled together. I'm hoping they'll sleep & not be knocking into the other eggs. I have 3 more that have pipped & 1 I think died after pipping, it also pipped on the side & I don't think I caught it in time.

Yaay! Bet she's unstuck by now. That is not uncommon, to go see a baby dragging a shell..kind of funny. Oh, and isn't is aggravating when they die after pipping..or zipping? I just had that happen in my hatch. I haven't had one die during a zip for years. :/

AngieNPeeps

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score

Generally , I don't worry about chicks bowling over the other eggs. They keep them motivated.

DwayneNLiz

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Do you all do this too?... while hatching, I go through weeks of auditory hallucinations. I hear chirps all the time!
LOL i heard some in my car the other day and thought maybe one of the ones i got in the mail got out of the box and was lost in my car

if they are goopy your humidity may have been too high during incubation
how did the ACs look at lock down??

AngieNPeeps

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I knew I couldn't be the only one hearing things ! Of course, the buggers are in my bedroom (so I don't miss anything ;)... plus I get up for work at 3:15 am, so I can quickly feed chicks and ck humidity while dressing .

Dozclan12

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am hatching again. Imagine that! I am hatching Speckled Sussex. I want to try and keep a rooster to breed with the NN's. Would love to have a NN with the blue in it, to have more of the white speckled spots on them.

Hey, anyone else hatching?

Dozclan12

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A few photos of a chick that I once said that I would never own..NN's. Or, Nn's. I love the ones with the bow ties, but....there is a little black one, with a nice clean neck that has won me over! I can't believe it. Wait until my daughter sees it. She will really shake her head. Doesn't like the ones I have with bow ties as it is...lol..the first baby is the black clean neck..such a sweet face.

20170525_140251.jpg
20170525_135901.jpg
20170525_140120.jpg
20170525_135959.jpg