Why are Lamancha goats so popular?

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
*gasp!* Wait, I feel the need to say this:
Lamanchas ugly? I think they're beautiful, and I think they think so too! They would be outraged if they could read this (insert image of googly eyed goat getting on the internet). They were my breed of choice and I would have gotten them instead of dwarfs were it not for the fact that our acre is in town and our neighbors were convinced that our goats would walk on their precious, barely ever used Ford trucks (we're by Dearborn and Detroit). It was a lot easier to convince people that the goats would not escape and threaten their precious, spotless F250 commuter truck if the goats were under two feet tall (our goats still have not escaped yet) BUT I still think Lamanchas are quite pretty and plan to add at least one someday.

All goats are goofy. I am not convinced their eyes always point in the same direction and they're always finding new ways to get into goofy trouble, it seems like one end is always belching for passing wind and pebbles and peeing WHILE they're still being so loveable and freaking cuddly. Ears vs. tiny or no ears doesn't make a lot of difference, but the lack does draw attention to their beautiful long dairy necks and stunning eyes. Who needs ears anyway?

But hey, I'm not really offended. I'd rather go outside and play with my goats.

(EXCEPT I'M ON VACATION AND AWAY FROM MY GOATS AND THE NEIGHBOR GETS TO LOVE ON THEM INSTEAD. :hit)
Lamanchas are kinda like the greyhound of goats. Their new outward appearance doesn’t catch your eyes right away. But once you’ve been exposed to them and their love you’re hooked. I like ears. The bigger and floppier they are the better, on dogs and goats, not men and children though.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Heheeheh, floppy eared men. Thanks for the image. :lol:
I'm sure my husband would make floppy ears look good, but the current status quo is what I prefer as well.
...Lamancha ears might look okay though...they're kind of cute.