Why didn't you guys warn me?

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Rabbit cages. All wire. Suspended.
Why didn't you guys warn me?
A. That it takes at least three people to hang,
level, and align them? I had to build a frame tall enough to set them on, first. Even then, its a nightmare to adjust the
Chains so they're level all the way around.

B. How to stop them from swinging? 4 or 6. chains per cage (depending on length). And everytime I touch them, they swing. Poor bunnies are going to have chronic sea-sickness. Can you even GIVE rabbit Dramamine? I want lots of kits, but how do I stop the bunnies from being. "swingers"?

I know. You guys were sitting back chuckling, saying "wait til he trys hanging them. He'll come crawling back, begging for our help,"
Well.......HELP!!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't have bunnies. But, why hang them? I mean, a couple posts to rake around is no big deal, IMO. :idunno While I may have a cure, the bunny people can help ya, when they stop RFLOL.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have premade stacking cages.
Can you use wood or something else to attach them to something horizontally?

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
sorry to hear of your challenges, we don't have hanging cages so I cant help you out. Our cages are stacked with pans that slide out to clean.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Drive a T-post at each end or at each corner, wire it to the cage. No more swaying in the breeze. Let droppings and dropped feed fall to the ground. A few hens in the rabbit barn will keep the droppings turned, they will eat the fly larva and dropped feed-then you get eggs. Attach a coop to the barn that you can open/close a walk through door, so if you want to keep them out for any reason, you can. There are two downsides to having hens in the rabbit barn, they may try to roost on top of the cages, but put them in their coop until they get the idea. The other downside is chickens usually have mites, which transfers to ear mites in the rabbits. A monthly eye dropper full of mineral oil in each rabbit ear will keep the mites away.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok everybody, problem solved. In all my brilliance, and forethought (i.e. blind luck :lol: ) when I got all the cages hung, they fit perfectly, and one judiciously placed nail + 2, 3inch pieces of wire, and the cages are solid as a rock.
I even figured out to suspend them with rope until I could attach the chains. MUCH EASIER than what I was doing.
Life is suddenly beautiful again. Thank you for your concerns.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Did you ASK?? ;) People wouldn't want to get all up in your business telling you how to do things before you even start. Glad all is well now!!
Are you kidding? That's what I LOVE about this site! People ALWAYS "get all up in your business" without asking. (Especially @Baymule God I love that woman). I'm such a newby and have no idea what I'm doing and many people recognize that. So if I say I'm gonna take the garbage out, somebody always comes along with suggestions so I don't end up with trash all over the floor and yard, or dump it in the church parking lot.
Everybody! Keep it up with "getting all up in my business" without me asking. I need all the help I can get!

Latest posts