Why Join Our BackYardHerds Community - Hey You Lurkers!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I also lurked before joining. We lived on a city lot, I had dreams of small livestock, but nowhere to put them. I didn't think I had anything to contribute, but I was welcomed so warmly and made friends. When I finally realized my dreams and bought my sheep, I had been a member here for FIVE years! I've had my ups and downs, I've had happiness and sorrow, and there is nowhere like BYH, no matter what is happening in your livestock life. The people here are the best.

I was given a free Great Pyrenees because she killed chickens. This was while we still lived in town on that tiny lot, but we took her anyway. So I put the cart before the horse, did it all backwards and had my challenges along the way. BYH'ers understand. BHY'ers have been there, done that and they are happy to pitch in with advice and encouragement.

Most of all, Why BYH? Because I am not alone. There are others out there that are like me. There are others that step in poop and don't gross out. There are others that rate wealth in hay bales, grassy fields, a good fence, lumber, metal roofing, gates, and all the accoutrements of truly fine living. There are others out there that eat what they raise and don't think I am weird for doing so. There are others that think nothing of dealing with the weather elements to care for their animals.

This is the best place on the entire internet. People from all walks of life, from different countries, all are welcomed here and added to the family.
....... you nailed that perfectly, so happy to be here, even started a journal...B&B Happy Goats Journal...but i have to read yours next !

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am used to being scattered, i will hunt super woman down and get a good laugh, and learn from her...thanks
Letsseee…...you click on my name and a black box pops up. click on profile page and it takes you to my profile page. Click on Information and it will say Find All Threads by Baymule…..Happy Hunting! :lol::lol: