Why??

WildFire

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I know alot of you here knew Danni, my three month old mutt bunny. Well recently, she passed away. I don't know what happened! She wasn't sick, had been eating her food, had water and a frozen water bottle to keep cool too. I had locked her in her hutch so she couldn't get in the run while I was gone, and she was fine then. She had been locked in before and it wasn't like she was boxed in, there was a good sized window where her water bottle was. But when I went to check on her, she was stiff! Do any of you know why? Was she sick and I just wasn't seeing it? Will Emma get sick too?

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
WildFire said:
I know alot of you here knew Danni, my three month old mutt bunny. Well recently, she passed away. I don't know what happened! She wasn't sick, had been eating her food, had water and a frozen water bottle to keep cool too. I had locked her in her hutch so she couldn't get in the run while I was gone, and she was fine then. She had been locked in before and it wasn't like she was boxed in, there was a good sized window where her water bottle was. But when I went to check on her, she was stiff! Do any of you know why? Was she sick and I just wasn't seeing it? Will Emma get sick too?
So Sorry to hear about Danni. :( The only thing I can think of is the heat? Even though you left a water bottle, it might not have been enough? :idunno

vkalvacev

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It could have been something internal or genetic possibly, although I doubt it was the heat. Unless it was 95+ up, then possibly, but with a bottle I dont think it could have been the reason. As long as she had shade, thats the one thing that keeps a rabbit cool when its incredibly hot. I'm sorry I have no other insight!

crazyturkeydesigns

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Aww, I'm so sorry for your loss!! Losing a young one is hard, especially when you don't know what happened.
There could be any number of reasons she passed, but it sounds like none of them were your fault. You took the best care of your rabbit as possible. :hugs
I'd watch your other bun close to make sure she's eating and drinking normally. Again, I am sorry. It is never easy to loose a rabbit. :hugs

manybirds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
WildFire said:
sorry but it happens sometimes

Latest posts