Wilson Farms -A crazy New Adventure

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So, I saw that members were posting journals, and thought I'd join in with my one 'farm' animal if you could call my dog that lol!
For starters, when I was a lot younger, my parents started breeding miniature dachshunds, and I grew up for the most part of my life wanting to do the same, but then I got into other things.
Long story short, I have my own dachshund that I breed to my parents' male. Her name's penny, a black and tan point with a short stubby tail from a disease or sickness that she got that nearly took her from me before she was even a year old. Penny is one of my favorite things about being in the country, which we moved to before school started this year. She's always going with me to explore or go work on my grandparents' farms. Penny, I think, is also a favorite with our other dogs as well, as we have two females not counting penny, who hate each other, and only allow penny near their babies, so I call her the lil nanny of our breeding business.

Here's a pic of penners is the only black dog there-
pics_by_tearthewolfpup-d9pk8qk.jpg

Penny is also a bit different then the rest of the dogs we have, not counting her missing tail. She has a weird thing since the day we got her, where she makes odd noises, shakes her head and smiles, we often joke around with here, and I found out early on, she reacts a lot more when you blow in her face, i'll have to get video of her doing it, but the sounds she makes is basically her humming or groaning.

Now to the other part. When
I moved to the country, I also joined a brand new school, and I joined the FFA cuz one of my new found friends said i'd love it, and He wasn't wrong. But then SAE's were introduced, basically something that made us make money or required work on our part, like raising farm animals, working on farms or shops, or for other people, things like that. At first, I was just going to go with cows, but then I realized how I wouldn't be invested in it like I should be. I knew nothing of cows, other than that they were larger than me, most likely stronger than me, and really didn't need me to friendly towards them or give them lots of love, as my grandparents ha put it, they were low maintenance. I wanted an animal to raise and farm that I'd actually LIKE doing, that I could form a bond with and actually enjoy doing something for the next four years of my life and maybe even for the rest of my life. That's how goats were introduced by my mom, who once had a goat when she was younger. So I researched goats, Nigerian dwarfs 'cuz I wanted something small that I could control and handle a bit more easier than I would or could with cows.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Um, if Penny is the only black dog in the picture, what is the other black dog, my imagination??

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ummmm, I see a dark red dog on the left of the black one, and a grayish merle (dappled) one on the far right, but I don't see another black one.... :hu

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, OK. The one on the right looks black to me with light shining off his/her coat

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
oh, shorty does look black! oops, sorry, and we only got 4 of them now, we got rid of the smaller red female who was left over from a litter until we found a home for her.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awesome! I did sheep breeding for my SAE last year, probably will do the same for this year. We were never given the SAE contrsct tho, so idk. Im also gonna to get some goats in the coming year, how crazy is that!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love mini dachshunds, our daughter has had two of them. Your bunch are sure pretty! I am glad that you are loving being out in the country. I was in FFA way, way, back in the day. :lol:

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks! I love how this picture came out, it's about a year old, can't tell cuz I can't see penny's tail. She's always good with pictures cuz she just glares at the camera or stares with a look on her face.