TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very sorry! :hugs

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
UC is a killer :( Sorry that you lost him but a very valuable lesson has been learned. If your remaining boy has not been wethered, you want to make sure he is kept separated from the doe or you'll end up with a pregnant doe and a whole new set of issues to deal with.

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
thanks everyone.
another update, I got the doe, she's 8 weeks old, got her on Saturday, didn't have her for two hours before she escaped and basically vanished for the rest of the day. We found her and picked her up in a town far away from us, and she is one tough goat. She had a bunch of wounds on her from dog attacks and maybe coyotes, since some are on her neck and face, but most are on her legs and butt. She's going pretty well, no longer limping or anything, though I'm keeping my eye on the lil' girl, Janie, we've named her, for another week on the hole in her leg, that's healed up nicely.

Though, Saturday night, I was so close to just calling it quits, giving up on goats, and just focusing on chickens, glad my mom didn't give up hope like had, and went to the farms near the highway, and they knew where she was.

Latest posts