Wings & Caprines Dairy goats: Rowan County Fair

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had a great show at the Rowan County Fair yesterday! The girls did great and I am so happy with the placings.

Nigerians-
Red Hot (AKA Peanut, Ruth/Isaac) was first in her class and went on to be Grand Champion Nigerian Jr doe in ring one. I did not show her (scratched) in ring 2 as she earned her dry leg. Which is really cool, because OFA's doe was GCH in ring 2 and went on for BJDIS.

CarolinaGirl (Ruth/Lil' Joe) was first place yearling milker and her sister, Clover was behind her, placing third in a very competitive class of yearling milkers. This is the one I was most excited about :weee And this is why I didn't want to put any udder pictures up until after the show :D

Dot (Leah/Lil' Joe) was Second place intermediate kid.
Lemon was 4th Sr kid

Boots (Leah/Lil' Joe) was second place Nigerian yearling, only being beat out by @OneFineAcre's doe who went on to be Best Jr doe in show! Congrats to OFA!

Boots, Red Hot & Lemon placed second in Nigerian breeders trio. This was a really big accomplishment after seeing all herds that were there.

Lamancha's-
Raina was 2nd in ring 1, 1st in ring two and went on to be Reserve GCH Jr AOP in both rings. This is her 3rd or 4th RGCH win :ep Always the bridesmaid!

Hester Prynne (Mariah/Tai) was Grand Champion AOP Jr doe, Spring Reign was Reserve GCH.

Charlotte, Prynne, & Pearl were first place AOP best three Jr does.

Overall I am very pleased! All the Nigerian classes were very competitive and its nice to see so many beautiful does! Almost all of our Lamanchas made it into the AOP CH lineup. Spinning spider did have an Alpine in it so Prynne's leg will be official. :)

We were also waiting to put pics up of our new sign made by @Bayleaf Meadows ! She did an amazing job! So glad we had some ribbons to put around it :)
Wingin' it Farms- Rowan Co Fair Sept2017.JPG

Red Hot (AKA Peanut). Placing first.
090.JPG

Rowan County fair 1 (76).jpg

CarolinaGirl placing first.
Rowan County fair 1 (66).jpg

The front end of the line for yearling AOP. Raina at the front.
Rowan County fair 1 (68) - Copy.jpg

The AOP CH lineup. The front line L to R
Spring Reign (yearling)
Dark Sin (AKA Ellie) (Senior Kid)
Prynne (Intermediate kid)
Tiny (Jr Kid)

Back line:
SS alpine
Red doe (Mad Magic)
Pearl
and another alpine doe.

All our goats were in the first place line, with two in the second place line.
Raina (yearling) was the doe that would never walk. She sure has come around and I set her and had someone else hold her while I worked with another doe. She didn't move.
Rowan County fair 1 (111).jpg
Rowan County fair 1 (91).jpg

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite pics. @OneFineAcre You can tell you were genuinely happy for Peanut - like a proud "grandpa"
I have anothe pic I love but I'll send it in a pm. It's just a nice pic.
Thanks for the help on the udder adjustment. That seems almost like an art- trying time when to milk etc based on the showtime.

090-jpg.38569

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite pics. @OneFineAcre You can tell you were genuinely happy for Peanut - like a proud "grandpa"
I have anothe pic I love but I'll send it in a pm. It's just a nice pic.
Thanks for the help on the udder adjustment. That seems almost like an art- trying time when to milk etc based on the showtime.

090-jpg.38569

Nice

Latest posts