Wings & Caprines Dairy goats: Rowan County Fair

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!
I'm pretty excited
Thrilled with those FF yearling udders!

I think I am really going to work on getting Lemon her dry leg. She is a beautiful goat and has gotten a Reserve GCH. I'm thinking she'll be the next one.

It was hectic at the end but I'm so happy and proud of my girls. It was a very competitive show. When I was in the CH lineup with CarolinaGirl I think you could have heard a pin drop. You could feel all the other exhibitors anticipation.

I've got some other pics I want to post.

I also need to post a funny story about Red Hot from the show back in July… some of you will get a good chuckle from it!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good job, I'm proud of you and you should be very proud of all of your hard work. And to think that not too many years ago you were calling me in an excited panic and asking how to milk after Millie surprised you by freshening unexpectedly. You've come a long ways. :)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have no artistic ability AT ALL! Like none whatsoever. No matter how much I tried.

I in love with it and a huge thanks to @Bayleaf Meadows for getting the sign finished in time for this show and being so easy to work with! She was very patient and did an amazing job.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I think I am going to repeat the breeding that produced CarolinaGirl & Clover. Ruth has been a great doe and produces great kids. I was nervous about the FF udders but really shouldn't have been :)

Last edited:

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
what a great job you guys did. the animals all looked so professionally groomed. and no kiddo, you shouldn't have worried about those ff udders. they look great. I had an alpine doe at one time that who's udder was so hard to rate when she was shown. if you milked her to early she would be engorged and miserable, if you milked to late then the back of her udder didn't show well. yup there is an art to getting that udder just right and I think you nailed it. congratulations big time, youall did great. oh and I loved the sign too. bayleaf meadow did a great job.