Wisconsin

TeamChaos

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have five 5 week old chickens and 15 more due next week... so far, it's going great and yes, I am over at BYC under the same name!

Raiquee

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello! :weee

I am in southeastern, wisconsin. Big Bend (waukesha county) to be exact. I'm also on BYC, and hoping to meet some friends from WI on this form! :) Is anyone coming with animals to the state fair in MKE in august?

outdoorgirl_wi

Just born
Reaction score
I am in Western Wisconsin, close to the MN border in a town called Roberts.
We have Cashmere Goats, Angora Goats, Alpaca's, Islandic & Corriedale Sheep. As well as chickens, new guinea fowl, a border collie, australian cattle dog, and 1 Shiba Inu. Plus 3 barn cats. The last time I counted we have over 100 animals on our property. My mother is an avid spinner and loves collecting the fiber from these interesting animals. :)

TeamChaos

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My chickens are still alive, just started getting eggs a week or so ago. The gardens on the farm are turning out well too. I hope all of you subject to flooding have made it through all right! I'm still hoping to get some farmer friends in the area so that I can have a more realistic idea of what our next step on Almosta Farm should be...

BrayJunction

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Wow, we are still only at 2 pages on our Wisconsin site. We've gotta beef it up! (no pun intended). Love the name of your farm, TeamChaos. Glad your chickens are laying. I hatched 15 chicks from my own eggs this summer and expect them to start laying in January/Feb. Still need to get my goat fencing and barn stalls finished before the weather turns nasty. It may have to happen in spring...:rolleyes:

WiChookchick

Just born
Reaction score
Well I made it over from BYC.
I am south of Madison, and have 3 horses, but have had rabbits, mules, donkeys, taken care of donkeys, goats, pigs and rabbits.
MY hope is to one day have a few cows, goats, and land/home to keep them on.
I board my chickens and horses.. yes you can board chickens believe it or not.
I provide the feed, and my barn owner gets the large eggs, I get the medium and smalls. She sells the large eggs, and feeds my flock when I can't get out there.

I am a very part time Nanny, and horse trainer, just took on a new client with a yearling Rocky Mtn. filly, and work with 5 other horses for another person.
I can run a tractor, and hoping and praying to find a home with land!!
You can go here to see pics of me, DH, our horses, chickens, and all kinds of other pics.
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o122/Wnnahrse/

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o122/Wnnahrse/Horses/

This is some pics from around the farm where I board, and some of southern WI.
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o122/Wnnahrse/Horses/cows and landscapes/

And if you like creepy crawlies...
I have some snakes and Tarantulas
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o122/Wnnahrse/Snakes/

Carol

BrayJunction

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome WiChookchick! Looks like you've got some photos of New Glarus in your mix. I'm originally from Monroe.

Can you offer me any advice on donkeys? It's hard to find info on them on this site as it's still pretty sparsely used and most folks have horses. I'm thinking of taking on a couple donkeys currently owned by a friend. Wondering about how much hay and grain they eat over the course of a winter. And would a couple acres of grasses/alfalfa do for summer?

Don't mean to bombard with questions right off the bat. Again, welcome to BYH!

chicks & ducks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm here in South West Wisconsin as well! Tomah area. Teamchaos there's an 'Almosta Farm' not far from here, on the way to Sparta from Norwalk...... Tell me it's you! That'd be so cool! :)

Bimpnottin

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well, it looks like Southern Wisconsin is represented. :p

Anyone out there :idunno, besides me in NE WI? I'm about 30 miles NW of Green Bay, by Shawano.

RIght now, we're at a house dog and outside cats. I have the husband convinced to get goats, but we have to fix the old chicken coop roof and get fencing before we get any critters.

Used to raise a La Mancha and a Nubian for milk when I was in high school, which is a long time ago. Always raised market barrows for the fair. If I had good enough fence, that would be a dream, too.

Traci

Latest posts