Wisconsin

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
elevan said:
Hens and Roos said:
Hi Everyone!

Just popped over from BYC, thought I'd stop by and say hi.

Kids are looking to add rabbits to our critters, we currently have 2 rabbits, 50+ chickens of varies ages.

Off to read some more and set up my profile here too!
:welcome from Central OH
thanks :D this form is alot easier to keep up with compared to the BYC Wisconsin Cheesehead thread!!

Added another rabbit to our bunch yesterday- we picked up a Californian doe- the kids named her Latte.

6569_latte-californian_doe-4-21-2012-crop.jpg

mazojoe

Just born
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just moved over from BYC, and Hens and Roos is right this Wisconsin thread is alot easier to pay attention to than the chatty Cathys over there, but a lot of the same people! It must take more work to take care of herds rather than flocks! I am just starting to find out as I added 2 goats to the farm yesterday for mothers day along with my 20 or so chickens.

I am located a little West of Madison.

Joe

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
mazojoe said:
Hey everyone,

I just moved over from BYC, and Hens and Roos is right this Wisconsin thread is alot easier to pay attention to than the chatty Cathys over there, but a lot of the same people! It must take more work to take care of herds rather than flocks! I am just starting to find out as I added 2 goats to the farm yesterday for mothers day along with my 20 or so chickens.

I am located a little West of Madison.

Joe
Hi Joe :frow good luck with your new goats!

BrayJunction

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I had kind of given up on this thread, but I see there are some people joining up, so thought I'd jump back in. I'm a lurker on BYC, so not known on the Cheesehead thread. Maybe I can get in the swing of it here. What a cute Californian doe, Hens & Roos. And good luck to you, Joe on the goats. We've decided to switch from goats to donkeys here at our place. Getting 3 in June. We're really excited, and we've cared for these particular animals before so we feel we have an idea of what we're getting into. But still very new to the equine world.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone :frow hope all are doing well with the hot weather! So far so good for us and the animals too.

Our Cali doe had 8 babies and has been doing a fantastic job of raising them- they are now 6 weeks old and cute! Our Rex doe is due tomorrow and we hope she will do a good job too :fl

Stay Cool!

BrayJunction

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Did everybody get rain this week? :clap Some of the grass is actually turning green again. Hey Hens & Roos, how 'bout some pics of your Rex babies!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, haven't stop back in here for awhile, hope everyone is doing good!

Our rex doe had problems right as she was due to kindle and didn't make it :(, we ended up keeping 2 Cali does out of the litter we had and they each now have babies- very good mothers. My DD will be showing some for 4-H this year.

working on boiling maple sap down today to make syrup.

Have a good one!

NDFainters

Just born
Reaction score
Hi. Just joined BYH. Came over from BYC Cheesehead thread. Recognize some of you, I think?

We have Fainting Goats, lots of chickens, couple dogs and a cat.

We live in Boyd, WI. About an hour and 15 minutes west of Wausau on Hwy. 29.

BrayJunction

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:welcome Glad to see another Cheesehead here. I think fainting goats are cool. Easy to keep in fencing, right? I thought donkeys would be easy to keep enclosed but went out to say goodnight the other night and there was one of my jacks running around outside the pasture. Yikes. Luckily he was anxious to join back up with his herd and walked right into the barn when I opened the door. Everyone enjoying the cooler weather?

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi Everyone :frow, it's been awhile since anyone's posted :), this thread is by far easier to keep current with compared to BYC..... :gig

busy summer and start of fall- all 3 kids play soccer so that takes up the weekends- there is some traveling involved but we are at the last weekend- all 3 teams have done well!

DD showed her cali rabbits at fair this summer and did well for her 1st year. We currently have 2 bucks and 3 does.

we also added 2 French angora rabbits- we were lucky to find a breeder close by and were able to get a buck and a doe as 8 week olds- they are very friendly. DD and DS(8) are hoping to show them at this next years fair. DD is also learning how to work with the fiber and spin it. We watched a gal using a Lendrum double treadle wheel that was very cool...so is the price :rolleyes:

best get the kids ready of soccer practice.

have a great rest of the day!

Latest posts