Wishful thinking?

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I was bringing in the sheep today and I noticed that one of their utters seemed larger than I remember it. It's kinda hard to tell cause of how much will they have but I tried to take a picture for those residential experts here who might be able to take an educated guess as to whether they believe this sheep to be potentially likely maybe pregnant or I'm simply desperate and see pregnant sheep everywhere like a conspiracy theorist see...... Well, conspiracies. I"think"that last picture is of my other sheep but I can't really remember. It was an uncomfortable experience for myself and the sheep lol. We're both trying to put it out of our heads.
20180419_201024.jpg
20180419_201210.jpg
20180419_201019.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You're going to have little lambs pretty soon by the looks of that udder! Congrats!

It was an uncomfortable experience for myself and the sheep lol. We're both trying to put it out of our heads.

That's funny. If you think that's uncomfortable, you should really try sheath cleaning! It is an experience in which you grasp firmly the male part of a horse and wash it, while the horse is trying vainly to withdraw his male part to the area somewhere behind his eyeballs. Plus you get to dig out urinary crystals from the urethra, all of which makes the horse hate your guts. LOL LOL

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You're going to have little lambs pretty soon by the looks of that udder! Congrats!

It was an uncomfortable experience for myself and the sheep lol. We're both trying to put it out of our heads.

That's funny. If you think that's uncomfortable, you should really try sheath cleaning! It is an experience in which you grasp firmly the male part of a horse and wash it, while the horse is trying vainly to withdraw his male part to the area somewhere behind his eyeballs. Plus you get to dig out urinary crystals from the urethra, all of which makes the horse hate your guts. LOL LOL

You know....I used to wants houses for my girls. Hope their ok with "My Little Pony" toys lol.

I felt the utter and I might have felt the stomach. One of the two felt hard. I figured the utter was supposed to feel squishy? I really hate to get my hopes up though.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a ewe that walked around with a soccer ball sized udder for THREE WEEKS before she lambed.

On the sheath cleaning....I soften up the crud with K-Y jelly. You should see the looks I get, standing in line with an arm load of that stuff. So to deflect any suppositions about my sex life, I assure the checker that it's for my horse! The weird looks escalate....... LOL

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a ewe that walked around with a soccer ball sized udder for THREE WEEKS before she lambed.

On the sheath cleaning....I soften up the crud with K-Y jelly. You should see the looks I get, standing in line with an arm load of that stuff. So to deflect any suppositions about my sex life, I assure the checker that it's for my horse! The weird looks escalate....... LOL

And this is why I shop online!
Also nice that one of my two boys is always clean.
Apparently, mares can get beans of sorts in their hoohas, too! :th

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, if she is pregnant should I build another pen in the barn just for her and her lamb so they can have their own hay or pellets out whatever I'm supposed to feed new mother's? They're in the pasture all day which has some wonderful tasting grass there. Should I leave her in with the other ewe whom she seems quite attached to? If so, how do I make sure she is getting the food and not the other ewe?

Latest posts