Wolfemomma - Our Homestead Journey

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone :) I enjoy taking pictures of them, it helps me practice with my larger camera. I got some of the dog to that I will have to share.
I have been looking at ordering tags for the new lambs that are coming. since its our first time with our own flock tags. does the number on the scrapies tag have to match the number on their flock/ID tag? @Mike CHS @Baymule do you know? or does it depend on the state?

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
These girls are slowly warming up to me. They definitely keep their distance though. My other two ewes and the ram are always in my face, and in the way...so nosey lol Though it makes moving them to new stalls easier, all i have to do is walk towards them and they go where i want them to. The other three look at me like " what? you think I'm moving? I think not" and just stand there lol Though i have discovered that the ram doesn't like umbrellas ....he isn't sure what to think of it. Maybe I will carry one more often lol
willowcloverlwsz.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol: And just how do you know the ram doesn't like the umbrella? I'd like to know, because as a farmer, I always carry an umbrella everywhere I go, it's such a handy tool...……. (smirk) :D =D

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:lol: And just how do you know the ram doesn't like the umbrella? I'd like to know, because as a farmer, I always carry an umbrella everywhere I go, it's such a handy tool...……. (smirk) :D =D
I walked in the pasture with it open, he usually runs right up and starts his crap. This time he stood back and just stared lol He kept his distance, it was glorious :lol: When i swung it forward he jumped back. He thinks im crazy but whatever works right.
Just more entertaining stuff for the neighbors to watch. I have added an umbrella to my arsenal of grain scoops, pitch forks and loud noisy feed bags. The dog just sits there and gives me side eye lol

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Got our first large snow fall this morning. Looks like we might have to actually break out the snow blower. Since hubby is working more, now its up to me to learn how to use it o_O wish me luck!
Still to dark out there to take pictures, but it looks beautiful. Once the sun rises I will make sure I get some to post on here :) Looks more like christmas morning then thanksgiving .

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here are some snow pictures :) the snow was so wet and heavy the snow blower couldn't even handle it, use the atv plow for the rest of it and even that was a struggle. Regardless, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving and hope all of you did as well :)
IMG_20191128_100247_263.jpg

20191128_073731.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOL Love the first pic -- serene and forgiving. Second, well a lot of work there to clear that deck! Too early for snow here. Your pics are enough for me!!!

Enjoy. :lol: