Wolfemomma - Our Homestead Journey

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hope everyone is having a great summer!
Maybe its just me , but keeping the garden looking good this year has been very hard. The grass...yes grass not weeds is out of control! it looks like i never had a garden there to begin with. I think we are going to try the fabric that keeps weeds out next year. Corn seems very far behind this year. Even the big fields around here are just barely up to my knees...and im only 5'5 lol It better grow fast before winter graces us with its presence again.
Getting ready to take the sheep and kid to the youth show. He is to do everything by him self....makes me nervous lol im used to always helping. thankfully the ram lamb seems fairly tolerant of my 7yr, I think they have the potential to do well...as long as both can pay attention :th. The ewe lamb is a dream to work with, once you get her in her halter. The yearling ewe...can be a donkey...lol very stubborn
Will make sure to take lots of pictures!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, my garden looks the worst of any spot on the place. It got away from me and took off, galloping to Weed Kingdom. We are about to go reclaim it.

Have fun at the show! I am excited for you and your kids. They will have so much fun. I hope your sheep behave! LOL

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Got back from the show on Sunday. Oh my gosh it was insanely hot. The sheep and kid handled it well considering it was so hot. I don't think I have ever sweat so much in my life o_O
Everyone did great. Considering the level of competition, and my ram lamb had never been in a show ring, and his first time was with my 7yr old who didn't really know what he was doing, my son brought home 4th in junior rams, 4th in Ewe lambs 4th in yearling ewe and 4th in flock. We had a great time, it was a wonderfully run show and we will go back again next year. There was some amazing quality of sheep there, it was great to see! Next show is in august, and then the big E in September, we cant wait! until then I will be practicing my butt off to make sure we are ready for the next ones . :weee

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
20190721_092232.jpg
20190721_093346.jpg

I didn't mange to get many pictures, but these are one of his ram and one of the yearling ewe :)