Wolfemomma - Our Homestead Journey

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If anyone needs me Ill be hiding inside or in the pool. This heat is insane, 93 degrees in northern(ish) Maine is not typical. The poor sheep don't even bother going in the pasture, they hide in their stalls all day , and I don't blame them. Heres to hoping it cools down the next couple days :fl

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are running about the same today, supposed to drop to just over 80 tomorrow and the days following. Might even get cool enough overnight Wed night into Thursday morning to cool the house some.

I actually feel for you guys, I remember very well those hot nights up there with no AC...very opressive !
But in another three weeks fall will arrive for a nano second , and the grey skies of winter will cover you for seven months......yepper , you betcha, ...gotta love it :old

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Finally got a new picture of one of our yearling ewe cinnamon. I love her, her conformation may not be perfect but man she holds her weight well, doesn't require much in the way of extras. Will be taking her to the fair in about two weeks, very interested to see what others think of her.
I think our ram will compliment her well, and I will get some lambs with a bit of a longer back.
20190806_082401.jpg

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The weather has been cool and rainy , which has been a nice change!
The squash is growing like crazy...and so are the weeds:barnie I think we might try the weed wrap next year.
Getting ready to put our ram in with the ewes. He cant wait , will be nice for him to have some companionship as he is kept alone most of the time, other then when he hangs out with our Livestock
guardian. I am so looking forward to these lambs!
The kids are off to summer camp next week. Then the week after that we are at the fair , then school starts
Will be a busy next couple weeks.
I am looking forward to the cool fall weather. I like the warmth of summer, and the plush green pastures. But I can only tolerate it for so long
I think that is why Maine appeals to us so much. Summer never sticks around for very long.
I don't know how those of you that live in the south do it, Don't get me wrong I love the south, I just don't think I could handle
the constant heat and humidity.