Wolfemomma - Our Homestead Journey

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I didn't even think about it in regards to parasites ready and waiting for them :\
Will I need help getting them to cycle in the fall? like meds or anything?
Our fall weather was wonderful, the grass was looking great. Would have been a great time for lambs to be out grazing.
We bought a new book that was recommended to us, they said its like a bible for lambing. Its called managing your ewe and her lambs. I have been reading a little bit of it here and there and Im really enjoying it so far! Im so nervous yet excited for lambing . Im trying to read as much as I can between school work so i dont feel like such a newbie!
Yesterday was a high of 43, What a heat wave! :lol: I made sure to get all the chores done that I didn't want to do when it was super cold. Was a nice break.The snow was melting it was great, let me tell you when snow comes sliding off a metal roof....you dont wanna be around that area . I love metal roofs, but I make sure my kids stay away from the edge of the house when snow is melting.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Mrs. Clover strutting her stuff. I miss the grass already 😭 I submitted a bunch of my pictures to KHSI for their photo contest. Fingers crossed that one of them get picked! For now i shall spam pictures of sheep in green grass, I have not yet embraced the snow.
Clover222 (1 of 1).jpg

Willow (left) Brie (center) Olive (right) <---- I love her she is so incredibly Long.
willowolivebrie (1 of 1).jpg

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The ewe on the right looks like she is already bred. :)

The only issue we have had with year round breeding is the super hot summer months. We have had the ram in with 30 ewes for almost two months now and just from appearances, most are bred. There are a couple of the year old ewes that are questionable but that's OK since they still may be on the cull list.

I submitted the picture of Ringo and Maisy snuggling to KHSI but it doesn't fit the criteria of what they want. It is a cute picture though. :)

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The ewe on the right looks like she is already bred. :)

The only issue we have had with year round breeding is the super hot summer months. We have had the ram in with 30 ewes for almost two months now and just from appearances, most are bred. There are a couple of the year old ewes that are questionable but that's OK since they still may be on the cull list.

I submitted the picture of Ringo and Maisy snuggling to KHSI but it doesn't fit the criteria of what they want. It is a cute picture though. :)
She is due in January :)

Latest posts