Wolfemomma - Our Homestead Journey

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if you have heard the phrase "ram maker" or not but she is one.
I have heard that term! I hope so. She was exposed to the North American International Livestock Exposition Champion Katahdin ram. Fingers crossed that she was successfully bred. A ram lamb from that cross could be great for us!

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We finally got some rain last night, boy do we need it. I cannot believe how dry it is here. I dont think we have had to mow the lawn in over a month. The pasture is not handling it well, we have made sure to keep rotating so that some of the grass gets a chance to grow. Its so dry the grass actually crunches as you walk on it o_O Not normal for our area at all! The garden is doing well for the most part. We have had a great harvest of snap peas and broccoli , just waiting on the tomatoes to turn red. I was thinking at trying my hand at making fried green tomatoes with some of them :) With all of this crazy covid stuff happening and all of our sheep events cancelled it has really given us time to get out and do things as a family, and we have quite a few camping trips planned. The kids are enjoying themselves and thats my goal, I dont want them to be burden with the heavy thoughts us adults have when we see what going on in our country these days 😔

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm trying to hold out hope that this guy will get taller. His sister is long,tall and lean. He , though built nice in my personal opinion he is short :lol: fingers crossed for a growth spurt. He makes me think of an english bull dog, very wide and short 😂
20200805_065457.jpg
20200805_065517.jpg

His sister...
20200804_185646.jpg

They are both out of the same ram but different mothers.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can't eat the legs anyway-not enough meat on them.

Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe

Cut blossom end off. Slice about 1/4" thick.
Dredge through well beaten egg
Put cornmeal in a bag, put tomato slices in it and shake until well coated
Place slices on a plate until all are done
Fry in hot oil

Latest posts