Wooden or wire rabbit hutch floor?

FurryFiasco

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Okay, I think I have a pretty good idea what to do now!

Thanks, everyone for your suggestions...this is an awesome website!

M Claire

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I agree with the vote for wire flooring plus a piece of wood for a resting area. Anything you can do to streamline your care chores gets a green light in my book!

Wispy55

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the early-morning advice! :)

It really seems like the good wire is the way to go! Do I need it for the walls too, or would simple hardware cloth do the trick there?

I am having a difficult time finding it locally or online. I thought I found one product on amazon.ca, but it would cost me $85 (plus tax and shipping) for just enough wire to cover the floor (double that to do the walls too), and it turned out to be 16-gauge and galvanized before welding!

I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I've been looking at Home Depot, Kent, Home Hardware, etc...but I can't seem to find this wire anywhere. I found one product at Home Hardware that's the right dimensions, but it's 16-gauge and I'll have to call and see if it's G.A.W. 16-gauge does seem to be the more common wire, so if I find something like that would it be okay? I know 14-gauge was recommended, and I'll keep trying to find that. It's just proving to be a bit of a challenge!
I live in new brunswick so i know what you are going thru. But there is a place called acadia cages here in new brunswick. They also have a facebook page, they have everything you will need, including premade cages.

Latest posts