Woodleigh Creek's Rabbitry Journal *Holding off with the rabbits*

woodleighcreek

The Rabbit Queen
Reaction score
elevan said:
Happy Thanksgiving Woodleigh Creek
thanks! I hope you had a lovely one, too! We went ice scating and came home to a nice surprise of a bunny building a nest!

woodleighcreek

The Rabbit Queen
Reaction score
After 4 months of failed breeding, we finally have kits! I am not at home, so I only know from my mother's report that she had 4 live kits and 1 still born. She said that "they are all big." So I am hoping no peanuts. I am so happy that I bred Suka before I sold him!

I (hopefully) have 3 litters due in December. One on the 3rd, one on the 13th, and one on the 27th. I am retiring all of my Sr. stock from showing and am going to focus more on breeding. I probably will not be going to another show until March. I have two 6 hole cages being delivered on December third. This will give me lots of room to grow out some juniors so I can make a good decision on who to keep.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Congratulations! Hoping your pending births turn out as good as this one.

Can't wait to see pics.

K

woodleighcreek

The Rabbit Queen
Reaction score
Finally got to see them and here is what I got:

3 viable kits, 1 peanut (gone). 2 out of the 3 were black, the last was blue. Out of 17 babies (counting the DOAs and peanuts) this is the first blue she has had. Yay! I love genetics.

2977_p1030319.jpg

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Congratulations! Thanks so much for sharing that pic. So tiny. And congratulations on your first Blue.

Please keep us posted on their progress.

K

woodleighcreek

The Rabbit Queen
Reaction score
I have been having a really hard time lately and am sad to announce I am probably going to hold off with the rabbits for a while. I lost all the kits and my only doe who will actually conceive's uterus prolapsed. I am living with my father now and have been in the hospital for the past week dealing with some issues. I love my rabbits, but I will be selling the ones that will not reproduce as I do not have the time to give them all the love they need. I hopefully will be getting a proven pair for Christmas.

Thank you everyone for understanding and I am sorry if I will not be on for a while.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
woodleighcreek said:
I have been having a really hard time lately and am sad to announce I am probably going to hold off with the rabbits for a while. I lost all the kits and my only doe who will actually conceive's uterus prolapsed. I am living with my father now and have been in the hospital for the past week dealing with some issues. I love my rabbits, but I will be selling the ones that will not reproduce as I do not have the time to give them all the love they need. I hopefully will be getting a proven pair for Christmas.

Thank you everyone for understanding and I am sorry if I will not be on for a while.
I don't think you have to be sorry. I think you will read lots of understanding, concern, and well wishes. Please take care and will keep you in my thoughts. Look forward to seeing you back here soon.

K

Latest posts