Working with Wool: Working Hard

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, here it is! Nice n polished!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Its a nice little wheel, as you can easily see its missing a few pieces. We have to get a few custom made wooden pieces for the tredle and bobbin. It looks so nice after being polished. Its a shame it sat in a garage for so long. You might not be able to tell but the mice got at it on the wheel. Thankfully we should be able to get a drive band on without a hitch :)

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I would love to learn to spin, but I don't want to knit or crochet. I have a new DIL that crochets a lot so we would be a perfect match. But at this point it will probably be a hobby in my next life. :)

That is great that you got a wheel, hope you get it fixed up soon.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks nice :) You might check to see if a bobbin/flyer assembly from another type of wheel (such as an Ashford Traditional) will fit on yours. Measure the distance (center to center) of the two upright posts on the maiden (the part that holds the flyer assembly). You may need different flyer bearings, but it looks like you're missing one anyway.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks nice :) You might check to see if a bobbin/flyer assembly from another type of wheel (such as an Ashford Traditional) will fit on yours. Measure the distance (center to center) of the two upright posts on the maiden (the part that holds the flyer assembly). You may need different flyer bearings, but it looks like you're missing one anyway.
I want a bigger bobbin but we asked and we can't get a bigger one. Its not bad for a first wheel, and its not like I will be spinning a ton so :p

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok so.. I got to borrow a drum carder for a few hours! It was so so awesome! Got so much done, and now for pics!
image.jpeg

First we have an alpaca/sheep blend from Dante and Rosie. It is so sooo soft, the little white balls are because Rosie has such a fine fleece.

Next we have Rosie's fleece carded out! I made so soo much to spin with!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

They look like cinnamon buns
image.jpeg

Here is some smaller ones, from leftover on the carder.
image.jpeg

This is the balls unrolled
image.jpg

Can't wait to spin this, ahh what a fun day!