wormers etc.

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have my general emergencies supplies at hand at all times which includes Ivomec injectible which I use to worm orally. Now I have highland cattle and a son travelling to the states Saturday and loves going to tractor supply.

Can you all tell me what your favorite wormer is so I can have a different one, the ivomec is all I have ever used, I know the vet used safe-guard drench but to buy that here is $100 for the just!.. I can get it in the states for about 43. but can anyone tell me what else they keep on hand.

I have sheep, goats, pigs, geese, turkeys and chickens and now highland cattle.

I keep ivomec injectible that I use as a drench, LA pen injectible, powdered penacillian, I have somethin I used for Cocci in the goats, CD&T, Iron & bo-se... plus the idodines etc.

Is there anything specific you cattle people keep on hand that resolves the common cattle emergencies?

Thanks!

Fiberfling

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I use DE every week on all my livestock, have for 30 years. I Ivermec 2X a year, spring and fall. I used to do freezer pigs and my butcher NEVER found parasite one.

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
thanks, we use DE as well but I am afraid the highlands wouldn't think too highly of a DE massage! lol

Young fellow came back with a 5l jug of ivomec pour on thinking more was better... I'll have to send some to others!

julierx1

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
What exactly is this DE you speak of? And also do u use the Ivomec pour on for ur goats? I always have that on hand for the cattle but questioned it for goats