1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Using Goats to get rid of Mugwort - Discussion Threads
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Worming During Pregnancy and Lactation

Discussion in 'Diseases & Injuries - Goats' started by Wehner Homestead, May 20, 2018.

1. May 20, 2018
    Wehner Homestead

Wehner Homestead True BYH Addict

Have a Nigerian doe that looked “rough.” She’s nursing trips that are growing well and we are milking her once a day. Mucosal color is pale. Took a fecal to be checked to be safe and she came back positive for stomach worms and “a few coccidia.”

Our typical regimen for this result would be cydectin and corid when we had meat goats. Now that we are milking goats, I wanted to get input from y’all.

I do have SafeGuard, Tolturazil, and Corid on hand. There are three lactating does and one bred doe in that pen, along with seven kids.

I could not find a milk withdrawal on tolturazil but did on cydectin, corid, and safeguard...

2. May 20, 2018
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses True BYH Addict

Looked at my 2 lists of meds & didn't see this one on either. Website for manufacture?

Wehner Homestead likes this.
  3. May 20, 2018
    Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Herd Master

We only use tolturazil for the kids

4. May 20, 2018
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses True BYH Addict

5. May 21, 2018
    Wehner Homestead

Wehner Homestead True BYH Addict

Thank you! I’m leaning toward just treating the stomach worms in the adults and monitoring for signs of coccidiosis. Going to do SafeGuard on the Does starting tonight and wait five days after the last dose to keep the milk. I’m glad I was able to freeze some the last week!

Kids will be treated for both. Coccidia tonight, in a week, and in three weeks with the toltrazuril. Going to do SafeGuard on them for stomach worms on Wed, Thur, Fri to separate it out some.