Worming question

imtc

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have my 2 minis on a daily worming regimin. I was told I should also paste worm every 3 months but didn't realize there were different wormers for different parasites. So what paste should I use, if any, along with the daily wormer and how often? Anyone have a good schedule? (brands to use and in what months) I'm in central Texas. Oh, and should I take a break for a few days of the daily when I do paste?

chubbydog811

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I would talk to you vet or someone who would have the knowledge to see what parasites are active during different times of the year. In New Hampshire, our vet recommended only de-worming twice a year - spring and fall - when the worms are the worst. I honestly don't de-worm unless I know I have them. Better bet would be have a fecal run so you know what you are dealing with. If you don't need to treat, I wouldn't. The more you treat, the more resistant the parasites will be if/when you ever do have a real problem with them.
If you do chose to deworm often, just make sure you switch drugs every time. I usually start with Ivermectin, then switch to something different (have to read active/main ingredients, because sometimes different named wormers can be exactly the same drug, even if they make it sound different).

Latest posts