1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Guess the build... - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

would be funny, if it weren't so sad and stupid.

Discussion in 'Behaviors & Handling Techniques - Cattle' started by greybeard, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Jul 13, 2018
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master Golden Herd Member

The original post came from (as usual) some woefully uninformed soul's Facebook account, which I don't have access to, but it ended up on Snopes...morons abound
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/image-of-cow-crusher-device/
    I'll save you the trouble of looking and include a hyperlink to the page it reportedly originated from:
    An image showing a cow inside of a strange metal device was shared online in July 2018 along with a caption saying it depicts a “cow crusher” — a device designed to crush cows:
    [​IMG] FALSE
    [​IMG]
    The caption under the picture:
    (note his/her's eldest spawn is a member of something called antifa....OH no!!...I skeered now..)

cjc likes this.
  2. Jul 13, 2018
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

:smack just plain crazyness. What these people don't get and won' ever get is farmers love their cows and what they produce, otherwise there would be no cows.

3. Jul 13, 2018
    Bunnylady

Bunnylady True BYH Addict

Perhaps the original piece of creative writing (and I use the term loosely) was someone's attempt to be funny, and the ignorant among us (which, sadly, are legion) couldn't see it? Guess what, guys, you are being trolled! For Pete's sake, people, you are on the internet; do a little research before you go off half-cocked!

(Just out of curiosity, I looked at the Facebook post; quite a few folks knew what it really was, and some even pointed out that with that big head and nose ring, the animal in that picture is a bull, not a cow).

4. Jul 13, 2018
    Goat Whisperer

Goat Whisperer Herd Master

The original post with the pic was satire. The whole FB page is.

People took the post and ran with it.

WildRoseBeef likes this.
  5. Jul 13, 2018
    Bunnylady

Bunnylady True BYH Addict

The satire wouldn't be funny if it weren't so pathetically close to home.:rolleyes:

This item was on our local news
    http://www.wect.com/story/38625208/...its-after-finding-man-with-16-in-his-backyard

All I can say is, if that is her worst nightmare, she has led a very sheltered life. The hutches are built with chicken wire and hardware cloth, which aren't very durable, but they aren't heaped with feces nor are rabbits falling through holes, the rabbits are sheltered from the sun and wind, etc. "I had to tell the guy to give them all water," she claims. Well, it was first thing in the morning, so maybe he just hadn't gotten to that chore yet? It's been plenty hot around here; I can tell you how many rabbits he'd have had in that back yard if he didn't give them enough water every day - 0. "Morrison told the man that domesticated rabbits cannot live in the conditions he had provided for them." Obviously, since the original rabbits had been there for a little less than a year, and had even managed to raise 3 litters, they could live like that; it might not be ideal, but we won't sound like a hero if we don't make this look as dark as possible so the light of our virtue can come shining through . . . *sigh*

And they wonder why it seems that nobody wants to be a farmer these days?:th

cjc likes this.
  6. Jul 13, 2018
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master Golden Herd Member

I don't have a FB account (never have, nor twitter, instagram, tumblr, reddit, myspace, pinterest, linkedIn or any of the other social media darlings that have come down the pike) and thus the page that was linked to showed only that user's splash page and nothing else except FB's box that made an attempt to get me to either register or log on.

7. Jul 13, 2018
    Southern by choice

Southern by choice Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Yes, it is a satire page like GW said.

This is a good one too.
    For everyone wanting to claim their pet is a "must" as it is their "emotional support animal"