Would nubians work for me?

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
I love that my two does with Nubian in them are so vocal....and LOUD! :lol: I think it is extremely cute and I encourage it by talking to them as much as possible. I really don't care if it bothers the neighbors....I'm zoned....and it is a far nicer sound than screeching children or yipping dogs! Or welders or air compressors! Or arguments! Or trucks and road noise! or all the other sounds of the suburbs.

If Nubians make your heart beat even a bit faster, that is the breed you should go with.

dhansen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have 7 nubian does and 2 nubian bucks and I love them!!! I have had a few that drove me crazy and so I sold those few. My loudest is one of the bucks as he was a bottle baby. He lives in the woods and as soon as he hears people, he calls to them to come and feed him treats! Good thing he is a cuties! I LOVE their milk, and actually tricked my teenagers into drinking it. Once they guessed, they no longer minded drinking it because it was so yummy!

porkchop48

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Definately after reading the replies.... I am going to go with Nubians :D

Thank you guys.

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Julie_A said:
I had a la mancha once who was extremely quiet. How does LM milk compare to Nubian milk as far as taste is concerned?
It tastes the same to me. My LaManchas were producing 6% butterfat when they were on milk test, it's nice and creamy. And yes, they're characteristically quiet.