Would you be worried?

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have a ~7-8 month old doe who has a small path of fur that is thin on her back. She is in pretty good condition and acting fine otherwise. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago.

If it itches, I have not noticed her noticing it. No signs of lice that I have seen. The skin under it appears normal to me.

Would you be worried? I am going to our vet tomorrow for another goat and can ask about it, but would prefer not to take her if not needed. :rolleyes:

IMG_9461_kindlephoto-676220150.jpg

The white goat in this pic was not disbudded by us BTW. ;)

IMG_9462_kindlephoto-676178387.jpg
IMG_9469.jpg
IMG_9466.jpg

Thank you!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't be but if you are have her checked.

I wonder if she was rubbing under something or if there was underneath a scab from a scratch or something and the hair is growing in ... it looks like a patch of a different color and now that winter coat is gone and no fluff you can see it better.

Her coat looks real glossy and pretty.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
My fat nigerian babies get a smooth spot right there from slipping (or literally squishing!) through the cattle panel fence that hasn't bothered to change the size of its openings for them despite the fact the goats have grown... I would suspect something similar is happening with your kid. Maybe it rubs on the top of a hiding spot, branch, bench....???

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I completely forgot to ask the vet. :\ It was a different vet than I usually see and I didn't think of it. I'll keep an eye on her, though.

We're having some respiratory issues with a couple of kids that we're getting worked out.

Latest posts