Would you buy these rabbits at this price??

Hideaway Pines

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I agree with the others, the price seems a bit high. But price can vary from state to state -supply and demand playing a key role. But I would keep looking myself, and pictures are never as good as in person evaluation of rabbits and their environment. Temperament is also something that I look for when purchasing a new rabbit - if they are not friendly it can be difficult to handle them. Get more info on the weight of their parents for sure, but then visit in person before committing to that price.

HornyToadAcres

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I truly appreciate everybody chiming in. I decided to pass on these. No reason to drive super far and pay top dollar if they are questionable. Thanks again.
Perspective! I would LOVE to drive 1.5 hours to get the TAMUKs I want. I drove 5 hours each to get a pair and then a trio. Interesting convo - price does depend heavily on location.

HornyToadAcres

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'm using a simple Excel spreadsheet called Rabbit Tracker. I didn't need pedigrees doing TAMUKS. And I have added tabs for expenses and receipts. Trying to find links but it won't be enough if you are doing pedigrees.
Oh - they have other forms on this page as well - I just needed the tracker then.

Stephine

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm using a simple Excel spreadsheet called Rabbit Tracker. I didn't need pedigrees doing TAMUKS. And I have added tabs for expenses and receipts. Trying to find links but it won't be enough if you are doing pedigrees.
Oh - they have other forms on this page as well - I just needed the tracker then.
What’s a tamuk?

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
What’s a tamuk?
Texas A &M University - Kingsville. They have a rabbit breeding program there; one of the "breeds" that they produced, which they call the Composite (because it was developed from many different breeds) has the reputation for being quite heat tolerant, and comes in almost every color in the rabbit rainbow.

HornyToadAcres

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Texas A &M University - Kingsville. They have a rabbit breeding program there; one of the "breeds" that they produced, which they call the Composite (because it was developed from many different breeds) has the reputation for being quite heat tolerant, and comes in almost every color in the rabbit rainbow.
Yes. You can't show them because no ARBA (?) standards and there are no pedigrees. Only "Did you get them from the college directly?" or "Is it a line from ______ (fill in reputable TAMUK breeder)?"

I have been happy with my choice so far. Most have good dispositions, they grow fast, the fur is pretty but shorter and thinner and the ears are large and upright.

My goal is to become one of the reputable breeders.

Stephine

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks!