Would you take the goats, or sell?

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm in WA too. I say bring them. The move will be a pain, but once it's done you will be glad you did. Yes, goats out here are expensive. I'm new to the goat thing (had horses all my life though). I don't know how they compare throughout the country but it seems that it is hard to get a good quality herd together here. I have noticed that with horses. It's hard to find really good quality horses here that don't cost a fortune.

I'd go for a couple of weeks of hard move over trying to get a good herd back together again. Plus, you would be bringing in new blood and that might make it easier to sell future kids or offer buck service.

Just my 2 cents.
-K

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Suburbanfarmer said:
I'm in WA too. I say bring them. The move will be a pain, but once it's done you will be glad you did. Yes, goats out here are expensive. I'm new to the goat thing (had horses all my life though). I don't know how they compare throughout the country but it seems that it is hard to get a good quality herd together here. I have noticed that with horses. It's hard to find really good quality horses here that don't cost a fortune.

I'd go for a couple of weeks of hard move over trying to get a good herd back together again. Plus, you would be bringing in new blood and that might make it easier to sell future kids or offer buck service.

Just my 2 cents.
-K
Voice of experience here. :old

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Another thing to consider is if you end up being rushed selling them you may not get what they're worth.

sawfish99

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We won't be rushed. I will have at least 6 months notice before moving. Goats sell around here pretty quickly, and at a pretty good price. We will have to wait and see how it plays out with my orders.